Can I use fing on our office network?

SaintJavedSaintJaved Member Posts: 4
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
Is it recommended to use fing on our company's network? I'm worried about network security when using fing

Best Answer

Answers

• SaintJavedSaintJaved Member Posts: 4
    Is it recommended to use fing on our company's network? I'm worried about network security when using fing
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 828
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaintJaved You mean Fingbox?

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,191
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In addition to @rooted question, what problem are you trying to solve via Fing would help. Are you the network person in your company or someone who is curious? What is your company’s policy regarding this?

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    No not FingBox. Fing Desktop. I use Fing in my home with my wifi. I was wondering if Fing can be used in the office with a LAN. Yes I got into Networking entry level
    @Marc Thanks, Just wanted to see the ip  address of all ip addresses on my network. Fing is good at showing the the device with their ip address so I guess I like Fing for that. But, when I have to create an account with Fing, I am wondering if anyone can "hack" into Fing Desktop and see all of our network information?
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,191
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The Fing Desktop would be no more or less secure than your laptop in general and the internet as a whole.  Fing does store data in its cloud and I urge you to read its data privacy policy.   If you work for a corporation, many of them have policies regarding proprietary data (Which this stuff is from a company perspective) you need to understand.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 828
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think using Fing on a corporate network is likely going to raise some eyebrows in the IT department but you can check with someone and see.

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly @SaintJaved you can use Fingbox on a company network, but you may also want to consider using Domotz instead, as they are the 'sister company' to Fing.
    Domotz has a lot of robust features specifically targeting commercial environments, monitoring and early warning responses.  Check them out if you are still in need of a solution.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain