How to update Devices/Perform a speedtest remotely

Busta999Busta999 Member Posts: 12
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
Hi, Put a FingBox on my elderly mother's home network so I could monitor it and keep it safe.

Got home and Find is still showing all my devices still attached to her wifi - huh? That was 18 hours ago.

How do you force a Device update, I have looked at the App and the Webpage but can't figure it out.

Also whenever I select her Network and then do a speed test it tests my broadband not the one I selected.

Anyone got any ideas?

I am pretty sure I could check up on my network when I was away and on mobile, I have tried turning off wifi on my phone and tried speed test - but Find just tests my cellular connection not the network I selected.
Tagged:

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi there @Busta999 - you can definitely do this. The purpose of Fingbox is remote monitoring - are you attached to WiFi?
    Are you running the latest version of the Fing App 8.5.2? 
    Have you selected the Fingbox network from the app? 
    Click the name of the network from the top of the devices screen - and then click on the remote network. 
    You should also be testing speed on this network - I've just retested on a remote network from my own app and it is testing the speed remotely. I'm thinking maybe you are on a different network - your own network perhaps. Could you switch the network and test again?

How to force a Fingbox firmware update:

Fingbox updates are automatic but can take up to 24 hours to reach your box after it has been released by our development team.

If it has been over 24 hours and you still do not have the latest Fingbox firmware you can instead try to force an auto-update by restarting your Fingbox:

1. Disconnect the power
    2. Wait 10 seconds
    3. Plug it back in

This power cycle will force the update.

Community Manager at Fing

• Busta999Busta999 Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    My elderly mother's Fingbox has been offline for few months :-( I know she has wifi because she calls me on faceTime.
    There is no way for her to reboot the FingBox, I hid it behind a unit, she gets very confused easily and has extremely bad eyesight.
    So will have to wait until lockdown is finished and I am allowed to travel, she lives about a two hour drive away.
    I'll try your suggestions when I can get up there.

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,365
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Busta999 said:
    My elderly mother's Fingbox has been offline for few months :-( I know she has wifi because she calls me on faceTime.
    There is no way for her to reboot the FingBox, I hid it behind a unit, she gets very confused easily and has extremely bad eyesight.
    So will have to wait until lockdown is finished and I am allowed to travel, she lives about a two hour drive away.
    I'll try your suggestions when I can get up there.

I am sorry but there is no way to reboot the Fingbox from a remote location. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!