How do I turn off this warning

I continually get this warning "Ethernet link speed is not optimal" but it is.  How does Fing know what speed I am getting into the house relative to the speed on my PC which is connected via a powerline adapter.  I'd just like to turn it off.
ReadiesCards

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BobinNewHampshire, welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Are there any other mentions about this issue other than 'it's not optimal'?  Is there a 'Learn More' or something similar that tells you in more detail why it's not optimal?
    Wait, you're connected via a 'Powerline adapter'?  Do you receive the same message if you connect directly to the router/gateway?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • BobinNewHampshireBobinNewHampshire Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Here's what I get: 

There is no way for me to check without the powerline adapter as that would require me moving the pc to a different location and that's not feasible.  All I want to do is to tell Fing "Ok, I got it, don't warn me about this again."
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically those warnings should disappear once you click on the message about it.  I think that the only reason it would come up again is if it didn't meet a metric somehow.

Let's ask @Robin about this for some more insight.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All,
    On our latest version, Next to the warning there is a question mark (?) icon, if you click on it then you will be able to MUTE the warning. Can you please click on the icon and then check if it resolves the issue or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    BobinNewHampshire
  • BobinNewHampshireBobinNewHampshire Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Yup, thank you.  I installed the new version this morning and saw the Mute button.  Thanks for listening.  You guys have a great app.
    Robin
  • ReadiesCardsReadiesCards Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    Wow been suffering this annoying notification for ages. Would never have guess a question mark icon would lead to a mute option.  Needs a minor GUI rethink I suggest - but I'm happy to have finally found this option cheers for at least allowing mute :-)
    Robin