Internet Pause - cannot set up multiple schedules

KatherineAJKatherineAJ Member Posts: 5
Name Dropper First Comment

When I set up an internet pause schedule for bedtime for the kids it becomes live. I then go to set up another one and it deletes the previous one and replaces it.

i had 3 set up 1 wk ago and now I can only have 1. Help? Thanks

kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @KatherineAJ welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    I just performed a quick test on my network to include two Pause schedules for my kids, both are in the list and appear to be functional.  Let's ensure that you have the latest version of the app, enter into your respective app/play store and see if there is an update available?
    An additional means for testing, use a different device to log into the same account, and attempt to add the schedules again through the other device.  When you finish that, refresh the first device to see if both of the schedules now show up.
    Let us know what happens.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • KatherineAJKatherineAJ Member Posts: 5

Hi @kltaylor

Im on version 9.0.2 and I think this may be a bug with the most recent update?

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What mobile OS are you running?  Android or iOS?
  • KatherineAJKatherineAJ Member Posts: 5

@kltaylor hi, I’m running IOS!

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @KatherineAJ. Based on user feedback, we have found a bug in the latest release of the iOS Fing app affecting the schedule pause functionality on the Fingbox. We have scalated this to our engineering team, they have worked on it and established a fix. The fix will be released in the next release of the Fing App.Thanks again for bringing this to our attention. Thanks also to @kltaylor for the troubleshooting here. Always very useful.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylorthomasmerz
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Great job @Ciaran and Fing team.  Glad that we were able to confirm and advise @KatherineAJ of the issue.  Thanks again for bringing this to our attention, keep an eye out for the next update which should allow you to put your schedule together again.
    #TeamFing
    Ciaran
  • Andy_ozAndy_oz Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi,

Is there a date for the next release?

Kind Regards

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Andy_oz said:

Hi,

Is there a date for the next release?

Kind Regards

It will be released within few weeks. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • dgartnerdgartner Member Posts: 4
    Is there anyway to receive that fix any faster (beta even)?  Honestly this was the primary reason for my family to own a Fingbox.  
    admin
    dgartner said:
    Is there anyway to receive that fix any faster (beta even)?  Honestly this was the primary reason for my family to own a Fingbox.  
    The new Fing app version is under review by Apple store but if you want the fix is already included in the beta version of the Fing app. You can install the beta version. Currently testing for iOS via TestFlight at https://testflight.apple.com/join/SXreQpuV
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    dgartner
    Thanks Robin for the information!
    Robin
  • thomasmerzthomasmerz Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    edited June 2020
    @Ciaran Do we parents have to re-add all schedules again for our kids (homework, sleeping time, ...) or are they just "not shown" in Fing App? :-o I really hate this particular bug, because this schedule-feature is one (or for me the absolutely biggest and awesomefullmost) of the KILLER FEATURE to buy a fingbox! And if it's not working, the fingbox isn't much worth :-1:
    dgartner
    admin
    Hi @thomasmerz
    With the new version soon to be released, all the previous schedules will be present. Currently, the fix is already included in the beta app and the complete version will be released within next week. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    dgartner
  • Andy_ozAndy_oz Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi,

Has there been a delay in the release?

This bug is affecting the sole reason I brought Fing?

Kind Regards, Rajesh

I downloaded the update release 2 weeks ago and it is functioning as it was before.... unfortunately my multiple existing schedules did not reappear automagically.  They had to be rebuilt.
    thomasmerz
  • thomasmerzthomasmerz Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
    Same here @dgartner - I had to redefine all my internet plans to stop my kids being online 24x7 :-1:
    Disappointing @thomasmerz but I am sure glad they fixed the issue.  :)
    Luckly we only had 6 to enter. Spent the time immediately as it is nice not to have to even think about collecting devices or them saying  "just finishing up this level."   Now gaming sometimes myself, I will delay if chores are done but they have to ask the extension.  B)