How do I delete extra access points (Resovled), but need help in adjusting the DHCP on my router

ezzzlivenezzzliven Member Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
Still having issues with multiple access points (pic) (RESOLVED)

overloaded DHCP,  so I need advise on how to thin down or increase the amount allowed
Issues with Xfinity diagnoses (pic)
I ran GRC with mixed results (pic)

Best Answer

• ezzzlivenezzzliven Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Accepted Answer

Thanks Robin, Marc, pixelpooper,& scooby for all your help.

There last thing I did was called my ISP about increasing the size of my DHCP but they said it was related to the speed of connection and that they can’t adjust it up unless I increase the speed I pay for and since mine is plenty fast I guess I’m stuck where I am

How do I figure out the size of my network and then change It in Fing?

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,350
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @ezzzliven, if you know the unrecognized access point 'pence" is indeed valid, then yes add it.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Robin
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,344
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @ezzzliven

Instructions how to remove BSSIDs: 
    1. Open the Fing App 
    2. Click on the Network Tab 
    3. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section 
    4. Press the 'X' beside each BSSID that you want to remove.  

If you remove an entry accidentally, you will be asked to re-trust it.   
    If there is still a bad entry once a good one is trusted you can remove the invalid one. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Marc
  • ezzzlivenezzzliven Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic

Ok, thanks, I’ve decided to delete all the extra access points, now I’ll need assistance trying to increase the # of devices I can use because my DHCP is overloaded. I now use the router from my ISP (Comcast), and I haven’t found anything I can adjust. Any recommendations are appreciated

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,344
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    If your DHCP is overloaded, maybe you should talk to ISP first to get things sorted. On fing app, you don't need to make any changes apart from setting the correct Network size from the app settings.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JCAlexandresJCAlexandres Member Posts: 19
    10 Comments Photogenic
    How many devices do you have in your network? When their DHCP is enabled on their router, most ISP set you with a Class C network, which will give you up to 254 IPs, it is pretty easy to pump up the DHCP capacity enabling a Class A (16 million) or B (65,000) network, that assuming there are no devices set with static IPs, else it can be a nightmare.