IP camera listed a off/inactive

SECSEC Member Posts: 20
10 Comments Photogenic
I have 5 Wyze cameras, all connected to the network and have always been shown that way. Over the last few days however one is shown as offline when in fact it is online and has been. This camera had an issue a couple of days ago with connectivity, but was resolved. Yet Fing has not discovered this fact. Why? How do I correct this?

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @SEC
    Do you see any generic Device on your device list? Also, is the camera connected to same network as Fing app is running on. Generic devices are those devices for which Fingwas not able to identify the vendor and what kind of device it is. If there is any device in your house which is using any kind of internet(Wifi) then Fing App can show you all devices connected on your network. You can use this external link to know about the vendor of thedevice: https://aruljohn.com/mac/F45EAB 

The Fing App discovery will identify devices on a best effort basis, based on the information made available by the device, e.g. the MAC address. There are numerous reasons why thedevice might not be recognized correctly e.g. 

- The DHCP server is not refreshing when speaking to your Fingbox. 

- Limited information being offered by specific devices. 

Also, I would like you to make sure all devices are connected to your network on which the FingApp is currently connected to. If you are connected to the 5ghz network and Fing is connected to the 2.4ghz network even though they all have the same name, you might not see the devices connected under the Device tab. And, if the router has multiple network interface which provides multiple frequencies(2.4Ghz and 5Ghz), and the devices are able to connect to multiple access points then you will see multiple names but only one will be active at a time andothers will be greyed out. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SECSEC Member Posts: 20
    10 Comments Photogenic
    On checking this morning the IP camera was listed online again. Nothing changed. Very strange.
    All devices were accounted for (identified) with no generics. It's on  the same network.
    It would have been good if I could have viewed a previous scan rather than go to new scan each time. You should have kept that useful capability.
    One more thing while I have your attention.     :)               How about an ability to manually arrange/group devices? Would make it easier than hunting through the list for each, say, IP camera.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,121
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @SEC for the suggestion. You can create it as an Idea under correct category and I will pass on this to our Dev team for consideration.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!