Update carnage

Fingbox updated now the fing app will not work on an iMac cant see anything, just a white page, I viewed via my browser and the data is there, deleted then re down loaded the app, but still the same

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,177
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @milmac , can you check to see if the fing service is running?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • milmacmilmac Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic

The Fing unit has a 1/2 lit blue circle not moving , I also reset the unit to see it it helped but it’s just the same

✭✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, let’s sort this out. The fing desktop app, what would work on an iMac, does not support a Fingbox. You have to use the mobile app which works on iOS and android. Can you confirm how your trying to access your Fingbox?

Robin
    First Comment Photogenic
    I have had this contraption since they were first released, it always worked ok till a recent update, I have always used the fing desktop app for osx on my iMac, it has stopped working and it just opens a white screen, it used to give me all the details of the network etc etc
    I can access via my mobile platform, but not on the iMac with the desktop app.
    First Comment Photogenic

are you saying the update has stopped this ???
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Did you mean the web app?  The one you access from www.fing.com?  Fing has three ways to access your Fingbox and one way that can’t. 

1. iOS mobile: can manage Fingbox
    2. Android mobile: can manage Fingbox
    3. Web: can partially manage a Fingbox
    4. Desktop: stand alone, no Fingbox interaction
    Robin
    First Comment Photogenic

The program on my iMac , called Fing , has been there since I installed fingbox a few years ago , that program updated and now I can’t access the Fing info about my network , devices etc , I have never used my mobile app as the first choice to manage my home network, only for access to network info away from home , since when has the Fing program not been able to access the Fing box ? Makes no sense at all

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I am at a loss here...  I am unaware of any desktop product outside of the Fingbox disconnected one they offer now.  Would it be possible for you to screenshot it?  

@Robin or @Ciaran , would you have more information on a macOS fing desktop product to help @milmac troubleshoot?
    First Comment Photogenic

Will do that when I get home later , Thanks

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @Marc
    I would reinforce the same thing. I would require a screenshot of what @milmac is describing and to isolate the issue.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic

admin
    Thanks @milmac for the screenshots. Can you please try to uninstall the Fing Desktop and install it again from here? Also, please make sure you are installing the Fing Desktop under "Applications" folder only. Please let me know if anything changes.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Robin , there was another point @milmac brought up that needs clarification (or not)

"since when has the Fing program not been able to access the Fing box ?"

@milmac , can you confirm that you did not have an issue with the Fing Desktop and your Fingbox?
    admin
    Marc said:
    @Robin , there was another point @milmac brought up that needs clarification (or not)

"since when has the Fing program not been able to access the Fing box ?"

@milmac , can you confirm that you did not have an issue with the Fing Desktop and your Fingbox?
    Thanks Marc. Fing Dekstop has never implemented with Fingbox. It is a separate application to Fingbox and Fing mobile app. I dont know what @milmac has observed but Fing Desktop cant monitor Fingbox at this stage.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    Just to confirm, my fing box is now responding to the desktop app, not sure why this has stated to work again