Fingbox

ElenazgzElenazgz Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic

According to my app i have a fingbox but i havent purchased one

Answers

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,171
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Elenazgz, could you post a screenshot of what your seeing?
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks, yes, as @Marc mentioned, if you could post a screenshot of what you are referencing, we will be able to give further clarification for you. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • PWTCCPWTCC Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Hi, my Fingbox is saying that it cannot connect.  Then when I go look at services it says its running but it cannot be restarted. This causes it to crash and then the Fing.Agent can be restarted.  Once restarted it says that that its completed 19 checks and has 9 pending in Analysing your setup and the Winxpro1 Not Connected, your network not connected and your internet says contected to …. on the bottom row it says Your current network NOT CONNECTED  and NO INternet under Your internet Provider...…   All this after a windows update and a thunder storm.  Two days ago at least the unit was working as it should and I could make all connections and stuff.  Anyone having any info for me to check on?  I will provide answers and help troubleshoot.
    Photogenic First Comment

Here is the screen I was talking about.  
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi @PWTCC

Fing agent needs the Windows libraries which are installed with the WinPcap package during FingDesktop installation, it used to make packet capture and filtering useful our engine to protocol analyzers and network monitors. 
    Fing agent service cannot work properly without the correct installation of WinPcap.  

Please open the command prompt and return the output: 

• sc query npf 

it's useful to understand if the WinPcap has been installed correctly and it is running properly. 

If possible please uninstall the older version of WinPcap and install the latest version of Win10Pcap from here and check. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Photogenic First Comment
    Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.836]
    (c) 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>sc query npf
    SERVICE_NAME: npf
            TYPE               : 1  KERNEL_DRIVER
            STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                    (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, IGNORES_SHUTDOWN)
            WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
            SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
            CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
            WAIT_HINT          : 0x0
    C:\WINDOWS\system32>
    So I downloaded the Win10 Npcap and it's awaiting distribution.  Okay went to apps and uninstalled the old WinPcap and made sure the Fing.Agent was stopped.  Then I installed the NpCap for Win 10 and started the Fing.Agent again.  This has resolved the Network Issues being displayed.   I now have a fully functional Fingbox and Fing app.
    Robin
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks Robin!  Appreciate all the help!
    Robin