Fing at Startup

BN336BN336 Member Posts: 6
First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
On my iMac running Catalina Fing starts up automatically at boot.  The recap report is very nice, but what is it doing after the report is created ? Is there any reason to leave it active ?  I also have a Fingbox.
kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @BN336 thanks for asking your question.
    I leave mine active as it advises whether or not there are any issues with the internet connection from the ISP, or whether a device has been added to the network, etc.  If you need additional resources for a particular process, you can opt to not start the application upon device startup and choose it when you have need of the information that it can provide.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    RobinBN336
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    To further add comments, you can disable the automatic start up of the Fing desktop by clicking on the version number from the bottom left corner and then click Preferences. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • BN336BN336 Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    I see those notifications with my Fingbox, I thought, and that is my question, does this monitor add anything to what I get with the Fingbox ?  I also use IFTTT to forward on Fingbox notifications to my cell. Thanks for previous answers.