Factory reset & delete account

CDSCDS Member Posts: 5
First Comment

I recently sold my fingbox but the new buyer reached out to me yesterday and advised my account was still set up to the device. I’ve now deleted the device from my account but he’s saying the device is already active and he needs to sign in to my account. I no longer have the device. How do I do a complete reset so that the new owner of the device can set it up on his end for use?

Tagged:

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @CDS
    I have sent you a personal message as I require further information to address your query. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • CDSCDS Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Thank you, I sent the info back over to you about 30 minutes ago.

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    CDS said:

Thank you, I sent the info back over to you about 30 minutes ago.

We have sent you another message needing additional details. Please check the inbox. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment

Robin—I haven’t received any new additional information and I was just informed that the device is still not showing that it was reset and disassociated with my account.

First Comment

Robin—do you have an update on this request?

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    To confirm, Robin requested that you send a reply from the e-mail associated with the Fingbox (you sent the request from a different e-mail address. For security & privacy reasons, we need the request to delete/disassociate a Fingbox from the e-mail address relevant tothe Fingbox/account). I have resent Robins initial message to you. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment

Ok, I just sent the request from the email associated with the account. The only message I previously received was asking for the email and MAC address. Please advise how quickly this will be handled.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Perfect. Thanks for following up. We have received the response and the unit is now disassociated. I have also responded directly to confirm. Thanks again.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!