IFTTT Detected in not working

GuyRGuyR Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
First Comment Photogenic
✭✭
I use IFTTT to action when people arrive & leave the house so that I can action certain other things automatically and stop things automatically.  For example, my son (who's 16) is incapable of turning the lights off.  So When he leaves the house, using IFTTT > Fing "This trigger fires when a user is no more detected nearby."  then I run a command and it turns the lights off, and the power to his XBOX. 

The problem that I have found are:
1. When I run the blocking schedule (I turn his devices off after a specific time at night), his device is no longer on the network and the IFTTT is triggered
2. If he turns off wifi, the same thing happens.
3. If i'm not connected, even though the trigger is "This trigger fires when someone of a user group is detected in or nearby your network." I have also noticed that this happens with me, my device disconnects from the wifi say due to being in the garden and the signal is weak, so the phone (Android) will twitch to mobile signal.

Best Answer

• GuyRGuyR Member, Beta Tester Posts: 7
    First Comment Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    So I’m assuming, the answer is that it’s broken then? Great 😡
    But the fundamental question is that the devices are not being detected in the digital fence, when Wi-fi signal is weak Or being blocked on schedule so are showing as left. 

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @GuyR welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    We have information regarding IFTTT located here.  In short:
    (Quoting @Robin from this thread)
    "To update: Fingbox support to IFTTT is currently on hold; we are discussing the integration with several partners in the Smart Home integration arena and we intend to resume it along with new functionalities. Pre-existing IFTTT integrations are preserved, but at this time we cannot activate new connections and applets."

"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an interesting issue for sure. What is your question?

kltaylor
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the answer from @kltaylor help with your issue?