FING App v9.0.2 on iOS has broken Scheduled pause feature ?

Answers

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @David_Predom, apologies again, we have established a fix for this which will be included in the next release. We are awaiting the next iOS release. I dont currently have a specific date but as soon as I do, I will update here.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

StenDan1997
  • B007Cyber
    B007Cyber Member Posts: 0
    Hi, I noted this morning that all my scheduled pauses are missing (bar for one)? I made no changes in the App, only updated the Desktop App to V1.4 over weekend (and don't think scheduled pauses are included in desktop App). Please advise if this is a known issue? Thanks
  • mjb
    mjb Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    A related comment - in past versions notifications would appear ~10-15 minutes prior to the scheduled pause and allow me to delay or bypass the scheduled pause. The notifications still appear, but they show up a few seconds after the pause begins.

Could you update the notifications so that they show up 15 min ahead of the schedule similar to previous behavior?
  • Gumbie
    Gumbie Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    Hi its been 2 weeks now is there an update on the schedule fix with 9.02
  • RobMcr
    RobMcr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

One thing I hate about the latest Fing app is that the scheduling tool is now buried away in a dark corner of the app and no longer appears to feature the easy extension facility that used to be there. It used to be so simple - one of my kids needed extra wifi and I could go into the schedule section and give them extra time. Now it seems that I have to disable the schedule completely and remember to go back in and enable it again. Frankly it’s easier to ignore this feature in the Fing app alogether and use the similar feature in the router app instead which is a shame as it’s the key reason I bought into the Fing environment. Hopefully it will be fixed ASAP.

mjbChrisGUk2020
  • Robin
    Robin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,587
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Gumbie said:
    Hi its been 2 weeks now is there an update on the schedule fix with 9.02
    The new version will be released in few weeks. Currently, it is under review and will be released soon. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • mjb
    mjb Member Posts: 3
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    RobMcr said:

One thing I hate about the latest Fing app is that the scheduling tool is now buried away in a dark corner of the app and no longer appears to feature the easy extension facility that used to be there. It used to be so simple - one of my kids needed extra wifi and I could go into the schedule section and give them extra time. Now it seems that I have to disable the schedule completely and remember to go back in and enable it again. Frankly it’s easier to ignore this feature in the Fing app alogether and use the similar feature in the router app instead which is a shame as it’s the key reason I bought into the Fing environment. Hopefully it will be fixed ASAP.

agree - the new app UX buries the functions that are most common/important in a menu off the top section of the home screen and shows things that I seldom use right in the middle/bottom of the home screen such as "speed test", "compare providers", and "worldwide internet outages". I'm betting that there are fing metrics that show these functions used VERY frequently ... but those sort of metrics belie how the app is used ... when we use "speed test" it's heavily used during troubleshooting across a few days, then not used for several months. So it would show higher in metrics in terms of overall use, but wouldn't be something that needs to be front and center (especially because the scheduled speed test is so effective).
    On a phone UX it's really nice to have the common menu at the bottom when it's easy to press with a thumb, but instead I have "community" and "account" in the most ideal location right where "notifications" and "schedule" should be.  In a UI, notifications should be front and center when they are active. @RobMcr is 100% correct - in the last UI update the most necessary functions have become buried  ... to the point that neither my wife or I could find the notifications for a scheduled pause after the last app update and ended up just deleting the schedule several times because that was faster than searching through the UI to find it. 
    I do like the thought of putting "community" in a prominent place on the home screen and was initially happy that it's there. but then when I tapped "community" all it did was forward me to an external browser to get to this site, it became much less useful and was even a disappointment to me.  The "account" link is probably the least used function in the app, but it's at the most ideal location for frequent use.
    MustbdougRobMcr
  • ChrisGUk2020
    ChrisGUk2020 Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    RobMcr said:

+1 on this... please can you reinstate the delay feature (for scheduled pauses)... particularly handy when bartering with the kids at bedtime and they want +10 mins before bed to watch another YouTube!    I can disable the schedule manually but I forget to reinstate it again.
  • Gary
    Gary Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 2020

The bugs and the long time it takes to resolve them, the features being removed and/or moved around the GUI of the app are spoiling the UX of Fing.

mjb
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 871
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a fan of the latest UI changes either, I much prefer the way it was before.

mjbkltaylor
  • Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,567
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I get what they are trying to do, aka giving you a home page with varied pieces of information but for my usage pattern, getting network info comes first.

I think if they reversed it, put the network pieces in the home screen and move people to the next screen, I would be happier.

Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    mjbkltaylor
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Right, when I open Fing I want to see the device list.

mjbkltaylor
  • kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I concur with Marc and Rooted on this, too.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • aha321
    aha321 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic

Yeeaah! the Schedule Pause is working again in new beta 9.0.3 👌👍😁

ChrisGUk2020
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gaelia_123
    Gaelia_123 Member Posts: 11
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020

I’ve just updated iOS & Fing App but the scheduled pause function hasn’t reinstated itself. Can only have one at a time whereas I used to have 4.

Am I doing something wrong?

• Robin
    admin

I’ve just updated iOS & Fing App but the scheduled pause function hasn’t reinstated itself. Can only have one at a time whereas I used to have 4.

Am I doing something wrong?

Have you updated to the new Fing App version 9.0.3?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Gaelia_123

all it all it says is last update - now. I can’t find an actual version.

• Gaelia_123

In the Ap store it says the latest version is only 9.0.2 where do you find 9.0.3??

• Robin
    admin

all it all it says is last update - now. I can’t find an actual version.

To check on the App version you have installed,

• Open Fing App and sign in.
    • Click on Avatar icon from the Home tab
    • Scroll down under App settings and click on "About & Contacts".
    • Your app version will be listed at the very top of this page.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
  • aha321
    First Comment Photogenic

In the Ap store it says the latest version is only 9.0.2 where do you find 9.0.3??

You have to be a beta tester.  https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/17728
    Just install testflight from the link.
  • Gaelia_123

It’s still running 9,0.2 which is same version as in Ap store.

what is a beta tester?

• aha321
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited May 2020

It’s still running 9,0.2 which is same version as in Ap store.

what is a beta tester?

open testflight app on iphone and install the beta version. 9.0.3
  • Gaelia_123

“open testflight app on iphone and install the beta version. 9.0.3”

im sorry I have no idea what that means.

what is TestFlight app?

why is this so hard?

it was working fine before the last update!

• Robin
    admin
    Hi All,
    I hope you are all well.
    Just a quick update to keep you posted, The new Fing app version for Apple device is released which has the fix for Scheduled pause/block bug. 
    Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    MarcChrisGUk2020
  • Gaelia_123
    THANK GOODNESS!!
  • ChrisGUk2020
    Photogenic First Comment

Apologies if I’m missing this - but I still can’t see the feature to pause/delay an already running scheduled pause. I’ve got the latest version today on iOS

can you send a screenshot ?

thanks

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    edited June 2020
    Hi, see below instructions on how to implement a scheduled pause on the new UI on the latest version of the Fing App (taken from Knowledge Base article: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/device-blocking/
    • From the Fingbox dashboard, navigate to the People tab
    • Click on Schedule Internet Pause
    • If you have any Scheduled Internet Pause’s scheduled, they will be displayed. Alternatively, you can set up a Scheduled Internet Pause by selecting the “+” sign at the top right of the screen

(please note, whilst this article is updated we are still updating the rest of the Knowledge Base to reflect the new UI, please bear with us)

Let me know if you are still experiencing any issues with the Schedule Pause functionality and we would be happy to look into it further (any screenshots of what you are seeing are always useful) Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• ChrisGUk2020
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi

so I have the internet pause functionality working.. I was actually referring to a feature you had a couple of versions ago but disappeared for some reason , which allows you suspend/pause and scheduled pause if that makes sense ... i.e we have a scheduled pause 9pm-8am for the kids devices , but sometimes they will ask for 10 more minutes before bed ... you had a feature which allowed for this before , you just clicked on +5,10,15,30mins and it allowed internet access again for those blocked devices

• RobMcr
    RobMcr Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Yes, please bring back the ability to delay or postpone a scheduled internet pause, without having to disable the whole schedule. That was the primary reason I’ve set up my house in a Fing environment.