Vodafone GigaTV 4K Box appearing as “router” and blocked by Fingbox - How to unblock?

HoratioHoratio Member Posts: 9
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
A few months ago, I installed a new set top box (cable receiver, model Vodafone GigaTV 4K Box). In the Fing App, this device appeared as a “router” (symbol with two crossing arrows) in the fing app/devices section (“GigaTV-4K-STB.fritz.box”, Cisco / VGW10). When manually changing the device from “router” to “Kabel Box” (or something similar, more suitable), it got immediately blocked in the app. Manual unblocking did not help, as the device would again be blocked by the app within seconds. Solution at that time: Delete all devices in the app and not change the device type.

Now, I added a power line (AVM, Fritz) to my network. I then found that the STB was blocked again, yet this time without an indication of “blocked” in the app. Solution now: remove Fingbox - which evidently is not the solution I had in mind.

Any suggestions? Thank you and all the best
Jan

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,695
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Horatio
    I have sent you a private message to investigate this and would require further personal information. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • HoratioHoratio Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    I sent you a private reply.
    Meanwhile, I connected the Fingbox again and assigned each device of my network to a person. The LED changed to a steady blue ring, which I understand means “normal operation”. The STB continues to be identified as a “router”, not a “cable box” or similar device.
    In essence, Fingbox and network are currently running flawlessly.
    Robin