How do I now switch Fing boxes?

JohnKitchingJohnKitching Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic

I have two different Fing boxes each on a different network in a different location.

I’m running the iOS app.

One of these Fing boxes is always shown at the top of the app and I can’t figure out how to switch. I can view the other one but not select it to be shown in the app.

In previous versions of the app I could change the default network.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,812
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @JohnKitching

Thanks for the feedback. We understand that the application underwent some changes to better meet the needs of different users, and we ask for help from our loyal users to get used to the new system.

All your Fingbox data is available by simply tapping the Fingbox name on the home screen - a tabbed view will open with all your available data.

A nice addition for users like you who have multiple Fingboxes is the ability to see multiple Fingboxes on the home screen, which you couldn't do before. Use the "All Networks" button to display all the networks you have, including Fingboxes, and swipe to add them to the home screen.

Here is a video where we go through the characteristics of Fingbox, in:

https://youtu.be/otvtyxsRhug?t=158

I hope you get used to (and appreciate) the changes soon.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • JohnKitchingJohnKitching Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks Robin,

I seem to be able to pick one network for my home screen but can’t have two displayed at the same time.

It says on the Network and Fingbox screens I can only display one. Picture attached

admin
    Hi @JohnKitching
    As of now, you can only display one Fingbox at a time but you can quickly switch between Fingboxes from the Home tab where it says "View" & "Change". The change button helps you to switch between Fingboxes with a single click.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    I’m not seeing “change”. I can see “view” but there doesn’t seem to be anything there to change the one shown on the home screen. 
    The only way I can see to change the one displayed is go to “all networks” (or “my Fing boxes”), swipe on the one that’s currently shown, tap the home icon to turn it off, then swipe the one I want to see, tap the home icon then close, then it’s shown. 
    Not exactly intuitive or a single click!
    admin
    Hi @JohnKitching
    Can you share the screenshot of the home tab of the Fing App and if possible, share the email address with which both of your Fingboxes are connected? You can DM me these details so I can guide you further. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic
    Done. 
    admin
    Thanks. We are soon releasing a new version next week which will contain the specific button to switch between multiple Fingboxes with a single click. It was still under the beta phase but by next week, it will be released. 
    Robin (Admin at Fing)