Where art the log files?

waltswalts Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
Photogenic First Comment
I keep getting notifications, "You have connectivity problems" followed a few minutes later by "All good in {my network}. but I can't find any details of what went wrong so that I can try to troubleshoot.  Are any detailed log files kept, and where can I find them on a Mac?
Tagged:
kltaylor

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @walts
    Thanks for your post. Next to the notification message there is always explanation for the notification as DNS resolution not working. Can you verify if your devices came back from sleep or you rebooted your device then Fing alerted you with message or something else? Also, are you on the latest version of Fing Dekstop 1.4.1
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww ... and I was going to write a response with 'Thine log files art ...' but @Robin beat me to it. =)
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robinwalts
  • waltswalts Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Obviously I didn't proofread well before posting :-)
    Robin, I don't see any explanation.  The notification consists of a red circle with an X in it, and two lines of text:
    "You have connectivity problems"
    "You are experiencing a number of connectivity problems in {my network}"
    There is a date/time stamp all the way to the right.
    Also, I have version 1.3.2. (Mac)  I haven't seen any messages regarding updates.
    I'm not sure what you mean regarding my devices.  They are constantly going to sleep and waking up.  I only get a message when a device enters or leaves the network.  The Mac on which I run the desktop is always on, and wakes from sleep normally.

Thanks,
    Walt

kltaylor
    admin
    Hi @walts
    Can you share the screenshot of the error that you are receiving so I can guide you? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • waltswalts Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Here's the screenshot.  Thanks!

admin
    Thanks @walts
    During the notification time, was your computer in sleep mode or disconnected from internet? As the notification relates to the time Fing App was not able to connect to internet and thus provide you with a notification. Fing Desktop runs the scans automatically every 10-20 mins and if the internet is not reachable provides you with an alert.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)