Support for recognizing Philips Hue Lights and BigAss Haiku Ceiling Fan

MarkTMarkT Member Posts: 3
Name Dropper First Comment
How do you escalate support for recognizing devices that are in error? My Haiku Fans appear as Ring Doorbells. Also, there's no icon for a fan in the icon library.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,073
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @MarkT
    Are you using Fing App or Fing Desktop? On our latest version of Fing Desktop, you can manually recognise the correct device details by clicking on the device and click on "recognise".
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • MarkTMarkT Member Posts: 3
    I'm using the Fing Desktop. Neither automatic nor manual works. I can "edit" but it doesn't truly recognize the device.
  • MarkTMarkT Member Posts: 3
    Seems like Philips Hue Lights would be very common, @Robin The Haiku Fans are not too common, made by BigAss Fans but have a good SmartHome integration app
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,073
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    MarkT said:
    I'm using the Fing Desktop. Neither automatic nor manual works. I can "edit" but it doesn't truly recognize the device.
    Instead of clicking on Edit, click on Recognise button next to it and you can manually identify the device.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!