Blocking device after X minutes usage.

Ch4rchCh4rch Member Posts: 8
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Hi everyone. Been using fingbox since they first shipped. I finally have something it cannot do (I think).

I want to block a device from a accessing the internet but only after 90 minutes usage and only do it between the hours of 7am and 7pm. Outside of that I don't want restrictions.

Any thoughts??

Ch4rch
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• kjalgerkjalger Member Posts: 10
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic
    I think that is much more complex than it at first seems....  Not a clue how you could do this on the FingBox, and even on a router which allows user scripts you'd probably have to write a kind of programable egg timer.  If you did all that I can see that it could be easy to circumvent with much less trouble that it would be to implement!
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ch4rch
    thanks for the suggestion. I have turned this post into an idea and moved to the Idea category. I will escalate this to our Dev team for consideration. For all other users who feel this would be beneficial, please click the 'Upvote' button. Thank you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Ch4rch
  • Ch4rchCh4rch Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

Thanks, this would certainly broaden the appeal of the device to many parents.

Robin