Fingbox Support?

DaveFiDaveFi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
Photogenic First Comment
As I have multiple VLANs, I also have multiple Fingboxes. When using the desktop app, it only scans the network - it does not use the Fingboxes. Are there plans to add Fingbox support like the Mobile and Web App, so that I can choose one of the boxes for easier management in from the desktop?
Jor
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 820
    500 Comments 25 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin

Hi @DaveFi,  

No, Fing Desktop is a completely separate product. Fing Desktop could be considered a more powered version of the app, with such benefits such as:

• ‘Health Check Report’ feature, giving users a snapshot view of the ‘health’ of their network. It gives a summary of any issues/alerts that may need attention. This feature is only available on the Fing Desktop.
    • More detailed device recognition than the mobile app, as Fing Desktop can read MAC addresses it will give more detailed device information.
    • ISP connection information integration
    For mor information, please see Fing Desktop FAQ's: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/fing-desktop-faqs/
    Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DaveFiDaveFi Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Ciaran said:
    • ‘Health Check Report’ feature, giving users a snapshot view of the ‘health’ of their network. It gives a summary of any issues/alerts that may need attention. This feature is only available on the Fing Desktop.
    Yep I get that.
    More detailed device recognition than the mobile app, as Fing Desktop can read MAC addresses it will give more detailed device information.
    I don't get that. All the apps (Desktop, Mobile and Web) are linked via my login, so why can't detailed device recognition from the Desktop app be sync'd with the others?
    ISP connection information integration
    Yep, also get that.
    What I don't get is you say its a more powerful version of the app, yet BOTH apps (Mobile and Web) support the Fingbox. Just makes no sense to me, but it is what it is. I prefer using a computer to do stuff than mobile apps, wherever possible, so guess I will just continue to use the Webapp.

Thanks anyway!
    BR
    Dave
  • PeterPPeterP Member, Beta Tester Posts: 38
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    Fing people, listen to your customers!  We want the desktop app to work with the Fingbox just like the the mobile apps.  Stop with this nonsense that it is a more powerful version of the mobile app because it clearly isn't true. We want the Fingbox capability on our desktops, not our phones. Please fix this app or fix the horribly neglected browser interface. And, fire the marketing person who decide a crippled desktop app was a good idea.
    DaveFi