What this application do?

Mss66Mss66 Member Posts: 4
First Comment Photogenic

Escuse moi, but...

Your promo says

:

Find all connected devices

Fast and accurate identification of all devices connected to any network

And the cruel reallity, a tip from Fing admin: “What I typically recommend is to block those unknown devices in Fingbox and wait until 'someone yells'.” :)) Great AI

My paid app show a lot of generic devices, i need to start open an close wifi connections to identify devices from my home. Then I named them manually. Nice interface, useful app.

I have location on, and all permisions on for Fing

P.S. Great map however, it’s verry important to realize where i am

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Mss66
    Thanks for your post. 

The Fing app is a free Network Scanning app. It will allow you to make an inventory of all of the devices connected to the network your phone/tablet is currently connected to. Fing will give you a lot of information about these devices, including MAC and IP addresses as well as the brand of device.

Fingbox is an optional hardware device that you connect to your wireless router. The Fingbox will allow you more functionality with the Fing app. See below a list of functionality of the Fingbox.

Protection

· Device Blocking

· Alerts, Emails & Push Notifications

· Network Vulnerability Test

· WiFi Intrusion Protection

Performance

· Bandwidth Analysis

· Wi-Fi Performance Test

· Internet Outage Recording

· Internet Speed Test

Also

· DigitalFence™

· Digital Presence

· Recent Network Events

· Internet Pause

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Mss66Mss66 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you for reply.
    Your main/principal/important point in your ads is: discover which devices are connected to your wi-fi.
    You are: "the #1 Network Scanner: discovers all the devices connected to your WIFI and identifies them..." etc.
    This is the first that convinced me to pay for a period with "remove ads".
    Generic devices... I could found with my own app, and with another 1.000 free apps.
    It is not about money, it's about misleading advertising. 
    Thank you

admin
    Hi @Mss66
    Thanks for your feedback. I would like you to make sure that you have enabled all permissions required for the Fing app to operate. Please go to phone settings and set location permissions so Fing App is able to read the SSID correctly. And also, please make sure that other required permissions for Fing app are enabled as well and then open Fing App and run a scan to see the changes.

With new Android and Apple O.S versions, the location permissions are mandatory for the Fing App to operate and identify all the devices on the network. If you have not enabled the location permissions then every time you scan the network then Fing App will not be able to display the access point name and the device customizations will be lost and revert to the default value(Generic).

If you are using an Apple device to run Fing App, please go to Phone settings, and then enable the 'Recognise Device' option to view all information.

If you are using Android, you need to open the Fing App settings, and then look for option ‘Device Recognition’ and enable it.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    As I specified in my first post I have permisions and location ON.
    The app found the names for my wife computer (indeed a Lenovo), and of course, for my phone.
    The other devices in my home are... generic (tv, camera, my son phone etc).

admin
    Thanks @Mss66
    With Apple devices, sometimes the location permission seems enabled but it is not exactly enabled. To be sure, I would suggest to: 
    • Install the Fing Desktop 
    • Go to Connectivity tab 
    • Scan for devices 
    • Click on the specific device 
    • Click on Icon "Recognize" device 
    On our latest release of Fing Desktop (1.4.0), we have actually included New feature: Device recognition - It is now possible to manually recognize devices: when Fing recognition is not sharp enough, you can manually provide brand and model of your devices. Which will hopefully be of benefit to you. Thanks again
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    First Comment Photogenic

Ok then, in this case change the copy for mobile app advertising. For iPhone at least. I cant carry my desktop everywhere i go...

Thanks a lot for advices, i will try desktop version.