iOS App crashes over 8 devices

Glenn_Bob99Glenn_Bob99 Member Posts: 6
First Comment Photogenic
On my iPhone, when I change the settings to "/28, up to 16 devices" the app crashes when I press "Scan for devices".  If I set it to 8 devices it scans but of course lists only 8 of 34 devices.
Any suggestions appreciated!
Tagged:

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    On my iPhone, when I change the settings to "/28, up to 16 devices" the app crashes when I press "Scan for devices".  If I set it to 8 devices it scans but of course lists only 8 of 34 devices.
    Any suggestions appreciated!
    Thanks for your post. Can you try to increase the network size to up to 64 devices and then try to run the scan. If you have 34 devices and you set the settings to up to 16 devices, there might be chances it will crash.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Glenn_Bob99Glenn_Bob99 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thanks for your response.  It crashes when it is setup for anything higher than 8 devices.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for your response.  It crashes when it is setup for anything higher than 8 devices.
    Can you try to re-install the application after clearing data and cache and see if the issue persists?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    I think there might be an issue with my home network.  I have tried it of 2 other networks at my daughters houses this weekend and it worked in both!  I will be back home tomorrow and will try it again and if it does not work, I will uninstall and re-download!
    Thanks so much!  I will let you know.
    First Comment Photogenic
    Well I got home and the app still crashes when I set it over 8 devices.  I have an Orbi router.
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin

Thank you for reporting the issue you experienced whilst using the Fing App.

With the help of users reporting this, we have identified an issue in the latest release of the iOS version of the Fing app, affecting device customizations and naming.

This has been escalated to our Engineering team who are working on a fix for this issue to be included in an upcoming release of the iOS version of the Fing App (we aim to have this released by the end of this week)

We sincerely regret any inconvenience caused to you, thank you again for reporting the issue and for your patience.

Thanks

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Wow!  Great support!  Working great now!
    Thanks again!
    Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Great to hear, and thank you for reporting :)
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    Sure glad to!
    Thanks again!