Possible to assign more than email for notifications only on specific devices?

FrancisFrancis Member Posts: 2
First Comment
I know we can add multiple emails on global notifications on the app, but is it possible to add a second email on specific devices only? Thanks in advance!
kltaylor
0 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Francis welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Typically the account that you assign to Fing is meant to only be used by one Administrator, however I can definitely see where you could want information to be passed along to others on your team or your family members.
    A few ideas to try:

* With your login account, create rules that will distribute/forward email as they arrive to other members of your team or family
    * Setup a Google Group account and add the team or family members to that

I think it would work either way you want to do it, even a combination of them both.  We can also consider requesting an additional email as an optional area within the setup of Fing just in case of the above scenario.  Either way, thanks again for bringing that up, will see if this is something that the development team is considering.  Pinging @Robin on this for his guidance and input.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Francis said:
    I know we can add multiple emails on global notifications on the app, but is it possible to add a second email on specific devices only? Thanks in advance!
    As of now, No, there is no way to assign the additional emails to specific devices.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Robin, do you know if there is a feature request to add an additional email account just to receive notifications?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    kltaylor said:
    Thanks @Robin, do you know if there is a feature request to add an additional email account just to receive notifications?
    As of now, none of the feature requests mentions this thing so we can make this request as a suggestion. I will make this post into an Idea.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic, on a side note I need to figure out how to do that so I can convert it.  Thanks so much, Robin!
    Robin
  • FrancisFrancis Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone! 
    Ciaran