FING App v9.0.2 on iOS has broken Scheduled pause feature ?

MikeFing
MikeFing Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
I updated the Fing app from the Apple store this morning to v9.0.2.  I then went into the list of Scheduled internet pause entries I have defined to change the Start time on one of the 7 or 8 entries that I have had for the last 6+ months. Upon saving the edited entry all other scheduled pause activities disappeared. Also when trying to add a new entry (to rebuild my list of scheduled pause activities) the new entry overwrites the one existing entry rather than being added to the list of entries. Bottom line it appears that only 1 scheduled internet pause event can now exist? The feature appeared to be truly broken with this latest bug fix release......? Thanks.
Tagged:
aha321Mustbdougmjb

Best Answers

• Marc
    Marc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,567
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @MikeFing, i can confirm the same behavior On the same version.  It will only allowed me to create and display one schedule.  @Robin  and @Ciaran, tagging you folks for awareness.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    MikeFingmjb
  • rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 871
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

It's a bug in the latest version, the developers are working to solve it and push out an update.

You can read more about it in this thread:

StenDan1997

Answers

• aha321
    aha321 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    same here
    MikeFing
  • bhengel
    bhengel Member Posts: 0
    Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    Since the latest update of the fing app (9.0.2) I scan only see or edit one schedule internet pauze rule. The others are not visable of maybe even deleted. Anyone else have this problem? And if so Fing please correct this asap.
  • RMB
    RMB Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I have the same problem, it looks like all my rules are gone. I can only edit or create one new rule.

• Gwal
    Gwal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Same problem here

• Lll
    Lll Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Same here
  • Povster
    Povster Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Same here
  • MikeFing
    MikeFing Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    So is this accepted as a bug in v9.0.3 now? Are the developer s aware and working a fix? Not sure where else to check within the community to track that this getting fixed. Unless there is away to roll back to v9.0.2 on my iOS device the key Fing feature I use (so as to control my children’s internet access times) is now broken. Thanks.
  • Gumbie
    Gumbie Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    I did have 5 defined by now every time i add one it replaces the existing one
  • JoSarge
    JoSarge Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Mine too!  This is not good as this is the reason I purchased Fing in the first place! Is there any news on whether it will be fixed soon?
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the tag and update @Robin

Robin
  • Gumbie
    Gumbie Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    I had 5 scheduled pause defined they have all disappeared, i tried to add them all back in but the second one just over rights the first.

i have tried to reset the fing box 
    Alfredo
  • aha321
    aha321 Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    I downgraded to beta v9.0.0. It is still working.
  • kltaylor
    kltaylor Member, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Robin said:
    Hi All, Upon investigation, we have found out that there is a small bug with latest release and our developers are working on a fix. The fix will be released with new version of the Fing App. I am tagging you @kltaylor @Marc @rooted for the information as well. Thanks everyone for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks for that, my friend.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Robin
  • Robolt
    Robolt Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Hi I have been using Fing box/App without problems for over a year. The scheduled internet Pause feature on the IOS app has recently (last couple of days) stopped allowing multiple entries. Each time I add a new uniquely named schedule it over-writes the previous one. Has anyone else seen this issue ?
    Many Thanks
    M
    Alfredo
  • Robolt
    Robolt Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Ah so looks like a bug with latest release and is being worked on. Problem solved.
  • ababnz
    ababnz Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary Photogenic

I have a fingbox and have a number of scheduled internet pauses set up to control my kids internet usage. This morning I went to edit one of these using the finger app on my iPhone (latest app version). While the edit worked fine it deleted all of my other scheduled pauses. I have tried to add them again but it looks like every time I add one pause I delete the other ones I have set up. This is very very frustrating.

• Alfredo
    Alfredo Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2020
    It happened the same to me. I do a new schedule and erase the one I have, but it doesn’t make a new one!  Please fix this bug in the latest version of iOS App.
  • Alfredo
    Alfredo Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    @Robin When are you going to fix the schedule bug at iOS App? Please do it fast!
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfredo The member above @aha321 mentioned downgrading to v9.0.0 and it doesn't exhibit this issue.

It seems like a workaround to use for now.

• Gary
    Gary Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

Same problem... I had two schedules now only one remains, and is overwritten if I attempt to add another.

Alfredo
  • Airlann
    Airlann Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Same issue here on latest iOS release - anyone know the timeline for a patch?

• Fran
    Fran Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Same issue here
  • RMB
    RMB Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2020

Any ETA for the fix?

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All, thanks again for reporting the issue and for your patience. We aim to have this released in the next couple of days, by the end of this week.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Fran
    Fran Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments Photogenic
    Great news!
  • Gary
    Gary Member, Beta Tester Posts: 11
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

My kids want to know if they can beta test the new version 😂

aha321
  • David_Predom
    David_Predom Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi,

Do you have some news about the fix? Beside the fact that scheduled programs are broken, it’s also not possible anymore to manually pause an IPV4 device...

Andy_oz