Permanently Mute Specific Notifications

I apologize if there's already a thread for this but I didn't see one at the time of opening this one.
Can we get an option to permanently mute specific notifications? I run a network at home with a /21 mask (because why not) and every time I log into my computer Fing warns me about my network mask. I know how it's configured and don't need to be reminded of it every time, so I would like a way to be able to stop that notification from triggering.
eroc1990MarcProm
3 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• DerrickDerrick Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    I get a repeating message as well about my computer not being in the DHCP (Yes, I KNOW it's manually specified - and ON PURPOSE!)
    I would agree with the suggestion to have the ability to permanently mute notifications as desired as they can be very annoying.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All,
    On our latest version, Next to the warning there is a question mark (?) icon, if you click on it then you will be able to MUTE the warning. Can you please click on the icon and then check if it resolves the issue or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • eroc1990eroc1990 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic
    I wasn't aware that was a thing. Thanks for pointing that out! However, it would be nice to have it available in the actual Notifications section, instead of having to drill down tot he details of a network report. It also doesn't change the fact that it's still an error. If there was a way to acknowledge an "error" and not have to mute the notification (effectively whitelisting the event) I think that would be a preferred implementation.