Can't Deselect "Starred" from Device List Filter

Gary_EGary_E Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic
edited April 2020 in Fing Desktop
I cannot change the filter selection "Starred" on the device list filter. No matter what I select on the drop-down, "Starred" remains selected. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Fing.  Running recently clean installed Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Answers

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Gary_E
    Thanks for your post. Can you close the Fing Desktop and then go to Fing Mobile app and select the network and then from the device list try to change the filter and run the scan and try to open the Fing Desktop and then check if the filters are working or not?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Gary_EGary_E Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2020
    IOS and Android apps work fine - the filter can be changed with no problem.  The problem is just with Windows desktop.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Gary_E said:
    IOS and Android apps work fine - the filter can be changed with no problem.  The problem is just with Windows desktop.
    Thanks for the feedback. Can you share the log files with me so I can take this to our developers for review.
    For Windows users:

Can you try to reboot the windows device and then check? if restarting PC haven't help to resolve this behaviour, these commands may be useful to windows (to launch from Command Prompt as administrator): 

Stop service command: sc stop Fing.Agent

Start service command: sc start Fing.Agent

If the issue persists, to help isolate the issue, please perform the following steps:

For MAC:

To resolve:

Re-enable the disabled service using the following commands:

• sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.fing.service.plist

TO SHARE LOG FILES:

Share the agent log: To access the agent log files:

1. Click on the Fing Desktop version in the bottom-left hand side of the screen

2. This will display two folders to open. We will need specific files from each of these folders.

3. Firstly, click on 'Open App Log Folder'

4. When the folder opens, we will now need to compress and share the log.log file (titled 'log' - all lowercase). To compress and share: right click on the file; choose 'Send to' & then choose 'Compressed zip folder'.

5. Please attach both compressed files to your e-mail response to us.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!