2step verification

Idris_PIdris_P CaliforniaMember Posts: 47
10 Comments 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Fingbox account access needs 2step verification to access account.On two separate occasions have I had to delete 2 unknown devices that aren't mine that logged into my account.An alert would be nice also when attempting and or accessing going account.And also to flag and block the device from ever accessing your account ever again.

VioletChepilIdris_PmacinteractJohnBen_HpikatosteMishaVbeanbagukdunxd
9 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKMember Posts: 2,471
    100 Answers 500 Likes 1000 Comments 100 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @AnonymousUser99
    In the meantime, I suggest changing your password to something very complex and secure. 
    out of curiosity - were the devices logged into your account? Or appearing on your network? 
    If appearing on your network you'd need to change your router admin/password details. 

Community Manager at Fing

• Idris_PIdris_P CaliforniaMember Posts: 47

The devices were logged into the fing webpage.I had to click on unlink to remove them.

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks I understand much better @AnonymousUser99
    If they were not yours then definitely unlink them. And also change Fing account password.
    Thanks for the feature request in the meantime. 

✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok @AnonymousUser99 I'm just going to split that question into a new thread. I'll message you back from the new thread.

• Idris_PIdris_P CaliforniaMember Posts: 47

Ok

• Ben_HBen_H Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks I understand much better @AnonymousUser99
    If they were not yours then definitely unlink them. And also change Fing account password.
    Thanks for the feature request in the meantime. 
    Any update on the possibility to enable two factor authentication on a Fing account?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,182
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Ben_H

As of now, We don't have plans to support 2FA on Fingbox as of now. Our cloud implementation follows quite strict security protocols and we get periodically audited by our corporate clients. In any case, the box provides no remote access capability to your network. 

If you are interested or need more functionality, you can install the domotz package on the same hardware (as an additional subscription) which provides both remote access and management features and 2-factor authentication. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • beanbagukbeanbaguk Member Posts: 16
    10 Comments 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    Robin said:
    Hi @Ben_H

As of now, We don't have plans to support 2FA on Fingbox as of now. Our cloud implementation follows quite strict security protocols and we get periodically audited by our corporate clients. In any case, the box provides no remote access capability to your network. 

If you are interested or need more functionality, you can install the domotz package on the same hardware (as an additional subscription) which provides both remote access and management features and 2-factor authentication. 

I think it's very poor practice you offer 2FA on your domotz product, but not your fing product. There is no long-term cost to you as a business to do this, and the implementation cost is incredibly low (especially since you already have this on Domotz).
    I am also really disappointed you feel your home / small business users don't deserve the same security levels as your slightly higher tier customers.
    While you rightly state there is no internal network access through fing, it could offer potential hackers tremendously valuable information on network infrastructures to penetrate a network. Moreover, while it doesn't allow direct access, it does manage some network security and this should be closely safeguarded.
    I think it's very irresponsible fing don't feel this is important for their customers. I've only had my fingbox for a short while, but when I read these comments, it puts a bit of a sour taste in my mouth when I see companies segmenting consumer users like this.

Please reconsider your position on 2FA and have it as an option for those who want it. 

I'd also like to ask you please add PIN / Touch/FaceID security to the fingapp. 
    DroAdv