How to connect the Fingbox o IOS app and Windows App

HeinrichHHeinrichH Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Comment
I've activated my Fingbox with the IOS app on the iPad and I downloaded the Windows Desktop app, logged in with the same account but in the WIndows Desktop app I can not use the Fingbox network, any idea hoe to do that?

Best Answers

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi, from your screenshots I can see that you are logging into Fing Desktop.  Fing Desktop and Fingbox are completely different products, hence you cannot operate the Fingbox from Fing Desktop. If you log in using an Android device (mobile app) you can operate Fingbox, just not from the Fing Desktop itself. I hope this helps to clarify. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020 Accepted Answer
    Just re-read again what Ciaran said, and it's starting to make more sense to me now.
    With the Fing Desktop App, this is a 'stand alone' application that shows you devices on the network, the condition of your internet connection, etc.
    Fing App on Apple & Android devices will connect directly to your Fingbox so that you can manage your network from it.
    I use it extensively on my tablet and Chromebook, so my mind was a bit jumbled because I can manage my network from anywhere with an internet connection.
    Sorry for any confusion.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks Heinrich, yes the Fingbox will show up as a device in the Fing Desktop scan (as it is connected to the network). However, it cannot be controlled via Fing Desktop. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    kltaylor

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @HeinrichH welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    With what you've described to me, you should be able to see the exact same thing through the same, linked account that you signed up with.  Is that not happening at all?  Can you restart the app and device and see if that resolves anything for you?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • HeinrichHHeinrichH Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment
    Thanks for the answer, I restarted the box and the app but nothing changed, in the desktop app I can't find the Fing network see screendumps

Photogenic First Comment
    Thats a complete other answer then this "With what you've described to me, you should be able to see the exact same thing through the same, linked account that you signed up with.  Is that not happening at all?  Can you restart the app and device and see if that resolves anything for you?" from ktaylor so I don't know what to believe :(
    kltaylor
    Photogenic First Comment
    The Fingbox shows up in the scan but that’s all, in the IOS app I can connect to the Fingbox network
    kltaylor