IOS app + OpenWRT router => Scan for devices

glassfoxglassfox Member Posts: 2
Name Dropper First Comment
Hi All,
I have installed in my router OpenWRT firmware and get interesting behavior in IOS FING application.
My environment: router (OpenWrt), wifi extender (With original firmware), Fingbox, etc.
When IOS device connected to OpenWrt wifi I see 'Unknown access point' with option to 'Scan for devices' and 'Detect access point'. Scan result: only actual IOS device IP in the list. 'Detect' do not recognize Fingbox in the network and option 'Detect access point' occurred periodically in the screen. When I move IOS device to wifi extender (connection via extender), All works great.
I have checked FING application on MAC (connected to OpenWrt wifi) and behavior was regular: Scan for network return all clients in the network.
Tagged:

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @glassfox welcome to the community and thanks for asking your question.
    Is the Fingbox connected directly to the DD-WRT router?
    There is a method where you can 'recognize' the AP when you do see it in the list.  My guess is that the WiFi extender could be fluxuating signal when you scan.  Quite honestly I've never had good luck with a WiFi extender, which is why I ultimately went with a Mesh network at my home.
    Are you close in proximity to the extender when you scan?
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • glassfoxglassfox Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Thanks for reply @kltaylor ,
    Finally I found the solution, but do not understand why :/ :
    In my fingbox has been blocked device. After release of actual block - IOS fing application start to recognize the whole network and fingbox.
    The blocked IP was x.x.x.205. The IP of IPhone was different. Strange...

Answers for above questions:
    Is the Fingbox connected directly to the DD-WRT router?
    Yes
    Are you close in proximity to the extender when you scan?
    Yes

kltaylor
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    That is strange but also glad that you figured it out.  Let us know if you have any other questions that may come up in your adventures.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain