Is there hidden cameras/microphone/recorder in my house

Killer09Killer09 Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic

I'm pretty sure my husband has spy equipment in our apt. For about 3 weeks now all of a sudden I can hear every sound in every room like it's amplified. I noticed the vent in our bathroom has been moved and I swear every time he goes in there I hear it move. The other day I was in the bathroom and I kept hearing surges of energy and the lights flickered when I ask him about it he said it was the DVD player that it did that once in awhile well in 3 1/2 years I've never seen it do that. I've also noticed things have been slightly moved and I also just found a strange phone on my wi-fi.

cam20

Best Answers

• TommPuebloTommPueblo Member Posts: 2
    First Answer First Comment
    Accepted Answer

Continue observing. Keep an open mind. Don't reveal your suspicions unless your safety is a concern.

Either there is something going on, or there isn't. If there isn't, then you'll never regret biting your tongue! If there is... Well, if you show your suspicions then he'll probably just be more surreptitious, not stop with the spying. Plus, if he trusts in his devices then you can show him what you want/need for him to see - as long as he believes it's entirely unknown to you, he'll believe the cameras unquestionably.

I feel that this plan of action will help avoid escalations while buying you the time and space needed to address the serious problems you both face - and most importantly, keep physically safe.

To answer your question, tho... It's easier to find out if your spouse is spying on you by looking for signs that he has video footage instead of the devices themselves - any/all surveillance would go to one place, afterall. Plus, you could suspect 10 spots, check them all and find NOTHING and conclude you were wrong - and totally miss the place a camera really was hidden.

• SirMaxSirMax Member, Beta Tester Posts: 3
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    Accepted Answer

How to Detect a Hidden Camera Using Android Phones

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-detect-hidden-camera-using-android-4590372
    Works great on Androids and "Might" work for Apples.
    Killer09BrownBear
  • selousieselousie Member Posts: 1
    First Answer First Comment
    Accepted Answer
    The following company do geat anti-surveillance devices - https://www.brickhousesecurity.com/counter-surveillance/spy-finder/

Answers

• Killer09Killer09 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Thank you. I will continue to observe and act as tho I suspect nothing.

• Killer09Killer09 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic

Thank you

Until a couple years ago I had honestly never heard the term narcissist or knew what it meant in doing my own research I clearly saw that's exactly what my husband is.

I am very careful and I have many places to go if needed

I will look into the material you have suggested for further insight

• PoppaMerlinPoppaMerlin Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

Where can I get a device that will indicate a unseen camera or microphone and what is this called?

Bren_77
  • Thertunately_736Thertunately_736 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have just moved into a rental home with lots of camera holes in the roof and a "fake security" camera outside. After feeling uneasy for a few weeks I did a scan and an unknown source came up.

Any advice on what it is or how to find out if anything is an active camera?

Thank you