Feature Requests

Skyking69Skyking69 Member Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2020 in Fing App Feature requests
During the current health crisis I am having to maintain my elderly parent's network even more remotely than usual.  They have no clue what to do with outage notices.  I would like to suggest that there be the option for more than one email address to be notified when there is an outage.  I would further like to suggest text notification.  The US FCC has mandated that alarm companies can no longer use POTS (plain old telephone system) to monitor, it must now be IP or cellular.  Fast notice of an Internet outage when one is not at the location may be early warning of a burglary in progress.  Our ability to quickly be notified of an outage at my parents home required me to set their Amazon delivered Fingbox up with one of my personal email address.  So these are not academic requests, adding multiple email addresses and a text option; they are real world.  Much thanks.  And please add feature request to the drop down list.  Much thanks! - Phillip
RobinSkyking69MarcHopo28
4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,177
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Skyking69 , I turned this into a feature request for you with voting capability.  Please start by upvoting it and let's see if others follow suite.  Fing does look seriously at user requests and the more votes the better.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • Skyking69Skyking69 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Marc, thanks!
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,177
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @Skyking69, one thing though, could you click the upvote button to enable it?  Then others can vote on it as well.  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,785
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Skyking69
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have voted for your idea and please make sure to upvote the initial post if other users want to get this implemented as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!