Possible network issue with desktop and Call of Duty

I'm running Fing desktop app version 1.3.0, and yesterday I noticed while I was playing Call of Duty multiplayer, the game was experiencing a perceptible pause every 1 or 2 seconds. (I forget if it was 1 or 2 seconds, but it was a consistent "tick"). Since the only change I made was installing Fing, I alt-tabbed and exited the Fing app and the issue stopped immediately. 
I've been able to reproduce the issue only twice so far, because it doesn't happen every single time I run the game with the Fing app open. The game is very sensitive to network changes, so I wonder if a periodic Fing scan or something may be causing it? 

I also have a Fing Box and I've never had this issue happen with the Fing Box.

Robin
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for the post @Soylent
    It may due to Fing App regularly scans the network and does a speed test that may use network data thus interrupting the game.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SoylentSoylent Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Robin said:
    Thanks for the post @Soylent
    It may due to Fing App regularly scans the network and does a speed test that may use network data thus interrupting the game.
    Would it be possible to add a feature that limits speed tests or scans when CPU usage is high? Or at least set up a schedule? I imagine the last thing you want is users saying Fing desktop is making their computer run slower.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,044
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks for the suggestion @Soylent . I have voted for your idea and please make sure to upvote the initial post if other users want to get this implemented as well.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!