On Mac - Mac password required on startup ?

paul_palacepaul_palace Member Posts: 30
10 Comments First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes

Hi - fing desktop App on Mac.

each time I start up - the Mac password is required to run the fing app .

is there a way to set this within the app so it will start automatically with the allowed access ?

thanks

paul

Comments

• StefStef Member, Beta Tester Posts: 14
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    Under Security & Privacy in system preferences.
    If you click on the lock icon and put your password, what option do you see ticked in "allow apps downloaded from"?

• paul_palacepaul_palace Member Posts: 30

Hi Stef

allow apps from “App Store and identifies developers” is set on.

the app starts and then it prompts for Mac password each time I start my Mac .

paul

Identified developers I mean !

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi All,
    For MAC, Initially, please ensure that you are on the mosy up to date version of Fing Desktop 1.2.0 (as we have included some bug fixes & updates on this release).

In order to address your query, first I would like to confirm that you are:

• Installing the Fing Desktop under the 'Applications' folder only under Admin mode. If not, Fing Desktop won't be able to connect to its services. If it is not, it will appear as 'Unidentified' or ‘Undefined. And will ask for password everytime.
    • In this case, the service might have been disabled and cannot launch until the service is re-enabled. This is likely the result of the service having been unloaded using 'launchctl' in conjunction with the -w switch. This will disable the service. This condition can remain, even if the software is uninstalled and reinstalled.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Hi

installed in applications folder as per instructions - done under my usual user ID and account - of which I only have one.

message says “fing needs privileged access to install it’s networking components and links to the fing app - you will be asked for your password”

User I use is admin authority

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin

User I use is admin authority

Can you try to uninstall the Fing Desktop entirely and then reboot the device and then install it again and see if anything changes?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!

Hi Robin - I can’t be bothered to mess about uninstalling and rebooting etc

There must be an easier way to fix this - otherwise I’ll just enter the password each time or just use the app on iPhone which is much better anyway .

thanks anyway .

paul