What time the best DNS for streaming videos in Egypt, my network ISP is Telekom Egypt, aka WE?

What is the best DNS for streaming videos in Egypt, my ISP is Telekom Egypt aka WE

Best Answer

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for the detailed information, best place that I can direct you to and try would be this site, which contains several public DNS's that may help.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
    Hisham1

Answers

• kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Hisham1 welcome to the community and thank you for asking your question.
    If you're looking for a public DNS to use, while there are many out there to choose from, I prefer to use Quad9 (9.9.9.9) for the additional security that the DNS has to offer.
    If you're looking to stream videos that are region locked, I would suggest looking into a commercial VPN service to connect to the region that allows for the video to be viewed in.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
  • Hisham1Hisham1 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your kind reply. Actually no local locking. Just the Egyptian telecom is slowing down any video streaming service like Netflix or any similar service during the curfew between 19:00 & 6:00 which is makes it buffer all the time. The rest of browsing and other services enjoy the normal speed. So i was hoping to find a primary and secondary dns to escape their control as they do that even with Google open dns too. Hope you can have a suggestion please.

kltaylor
  • Hisham1Hisham1 Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

Dear Sir, Thank you very much for your kind reply and assistance. I'm sure it shall be helpful. I shall have a look at it later on today, and try the DNS they suggested out and hopefully it would solve the problem God willing 🙏😊