FingBox - device traffic & some devices not detected

georgiev1_2georgiev1_2 Member Posts: 1
Hello,
I've just purchased a FingBox and have two questions.
  1. How can I monitor internet traffic of devices? I'd like to know the amount of data by the devices on my network. 
  2. For some reason an Amazon Alexa device is not recognised even though it is on same network as FingBox. How can I make the Alexa appear when attached to the WiFi network? 
Thank you.
George
Tagged:

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,760
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @georgiev1_2
    Thanks for your post. To address your query,
    1) You can make use of Bandwidth Analysis feature.
    2) Can you check if Alexa is connected to same access point as Fingbox or all access points are added from your network to Fingbox. In order to add the access point for Fingbox, first you need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network from the dropdown list. Go to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab.  

After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!