I have 2 networks

EPUERTOEPUERTO Member Posts: 1
Photogenic
10.1.1.X than can see 192.168.20.x (192.168.20.x doesn’t have DHCP) how can I scan or program fing to scan 192.168.20.x
THANK YOU

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can't do that with Fing, you must forward the networks from your router or use VLAN tagging. Most routers don't support this unfortunately unless your device has L2 routing capabilities.

Ciaran
  • jamzmjamzm Pittsburgh, PA, USAMember Posts: 113
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Likes
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, but i don't understand the above answer.  Why do I show 2 neworks?
    I used to be fat.
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    jamzm said:
    I'm sorry, but i don't understand the above answer.  Why do I show 2 neworks?
    Can you share the screenshot of the two networks? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭
    Okay, give me a couple minutes, please and thank you.
    I used to be fat.
    Robin
    ✭✭
    /home/jamzm/Desktop/Screenshot at 2020-03-27 11-20-31.png
    I used to be fat.
    ✭✭
    Are you able to open that?

I used to be fat.
    admin
    jamzm said:
    /home/jamzm/Desktop/Screenshot at 2020-03-27 11-20-31.png
    Unfortunately, there is no screenshot attached. Can you check again or you can drag and drop the pic as well. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    ✭✭
    okay
    I used to be fat.
    ✭✭
    Try that
    I used to be fat.
    admin
    Thanks @jamzm

Thank you for your message. As we have investigated, the reason for two networks is due to some access points are saved in the earlier network before activating Fingbox and after adding the Fingbox, not all access points are added to Fingbox. To resolve this, you need to make sure all access points are added to your Fingbox network and then you can delete the old network.  

I need you to verify the BSSID section(access points) and see if all access points are added on your Fingbox network or not. This will resolve your issue.  

Please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  
    3. Click on the Network Details section(This is the directly under your network name)  
    4. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section  
    5. You will be able to see the BSSID with an option on the right to remove it. 

If any access point is not present then please connect to all access points one by one and try to add the access point if not already present on Fingbox network.  

In order to add the access point for V1-Fingbox, first you need to be connected to the access point network which you want to add. Then open the Fing App and choose the Fingbox network from the dropdown list. Go to the ‘Network’ tab and select either Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection or Wi-Fi Performance and you will be able to add the Access point for the current network your device is connected to. You can only add the Access point either from the Wi-Fi Performance tab or Wi-Fi Intrusion Protection tab.  

After Adding the access point, you will receive the New Access point alert and you need to accept it as a trusted gateway and the access point will be added successfully. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    ✭✭
    BSSID is Webstation.  Two networks showing are Home and Armstrong cable, my ISP.
    I used to be fat.