Upgrade from FingBox V1 to V2

BitPullBitPull Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
First Comment Photogenic
When upgrading my system from the previous FingBox V1 to V2 - is it sufficient to just unplug the power- and the Ethernet-Cable, plug them into the new FingBox, V2, and keep using the same software on the laptop or the mobile phone? Or do you suggest any additional or different actions?

Best Answer

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,119
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    @BitPull ,  best path is to remove the old Fingbox first by removing it from the app, then add the new box.  

Here are the steps from the Fing help site...

• Locate the network name in the middle of the top bar of the screen – click on the drop-down arrow next to this.
    • This will take you through to the My Networks screen which contains a list of all your networks.
    • Swipe left on the Network with the Fingbox on it and click on the Deactivate that appears. This will remove the network you have already configured, freeing up Fingbox to be assigned to a new network.
    • After you have deactivated the Fingbox, you will be able to connect the box to the new network you’d like it to be on.
    • Connect the new Fingbox to the new network you’d like to monitor and complete the onboarding again for your new network.
    Note you will have to add back any customization you did when you had the old Fingbox connected.  Good news is that as Fing is a learning service, many of the identifications you did previously might already be in their database.
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    RobinBitPullCiaran

Answers

• BitPullBitPull Member, Beta Tester Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you, Marc, for your comment. It took me a while to find the spot, where I could delete the previous V1, but now the V2 appears to be working perfectly.
    MarcCiaran