February 2020 Member of the Month - @Albert

CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
admin

Hi All

Please join me in congratulating , @Albert  who was the member of the month for February 2020. Since joining the Community, @Albert has been particularily active. Both in supporting other members, compiling detailed manuals & indeed asking his own questions. Albert has a lot of knowledge and experience but has been open about continuing to learn about different tech issues on the Fing Community. This is great to hear. Thank you Albert for all of your efforts to date.

The Fing Community is now at 15,000+ members.. As with many of you, @Albert as been particularly helpful throughout February and beyond. 

Again, this has been hugely appreciated and exactly what the Fing Community needs. 

To say thanks, as Member of the Month, @Albert as been an awarded:

·         A free Fingbox 

·         The prestigious Member of the Month badge (along with 50 points)

·         A big congratulations from me and the Fing team 

Each month, a new member at the top of the leader board will be awarded with Member of the Month. (That has not previously earned this award!)

How do I win Member of the Month?

• Engage:  respond to other users, like articles, offer opinions
  • Support & Help:  answer other peoples questions/issues. Everybody's opinion is valid. We all have different experience and knowledge. By helping each other, we all contribute to helping to grow this fantastic Community.

Learn more in the Ranks/Badges thread. 

Thank you All

Ciaran, Robin & All of the Fing Team

Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
RobinCiaranCarlo_from_FingMitch_from_fingrooted

Comments

• Carlo_from_FingCarlo_from_Fing Rome, ItalyAdministrator, Fing Team Posts: 247
    100 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Grats @Albert !!!
    Thank you very much and bring it on!

Carlo from Fing

• marco_from_fingmarco_from_fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 56
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you @Albert for the great work!
  • AlbertAlbert Member Posts: 97
    25 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Folks... to say that I am humbled, honored and grateful is the understatement of the month !  To all the staff /volunteers and ALL the members on this forum, THANK YOU SO MUCH. Marco.. to see you and Carlo take time our for this is exceptional... So.. I stick by what served me well in almost 30 years at IBM>  " IF YOU ARE HAPPY, TELL MY BOSS. IF YOU ARE UNHAPPY, TELL ME.
    Albert.
    Ciaranrooted
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,702
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Congrats @Albert
    Well Deserved
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    Albert
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 792
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @Albert , your contributions certainly haven't gone unnoticed.

Ciaran
  • AlbertAlbert Member Posts: 97
    25 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Rooted. They say that there is always a silver lining to something. Had I not broken those ribs... thanks to Storm Ciara, I just would not have had the time to be here. I see U are on the Gulf cost... I remember my endless trips to Boca Raton (east coast)  for IBM and visits to Toms Hut.... no better Barbecue spare Ribs anywhere on the planet !!! I also managed to get myself badly burned on Clearwater beach.... not used to the hot sun you guys enjoy there ! Memories... memories.... <Smile>.
    Ciaran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

I can imagine, you being from Ireland this Florida sun will get to you.

One of my grandfathers was from Ireland, he had fair skin and red hair which was passed along through the family including my mom and one of my brothers. They get sunburned easily as well.

• CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    admin
    (@rooted I feel that pain...fair skin & red hair: Check :P )
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Irish grandfather was married to a Native American and I'm an odd mix of that, I have blonde hair with olive skin. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ciaran
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    admin
    Variety is the spice of life @rooted, my wife is Latin American (with her family originating from Portugal)...so our child will have a healthy mix also ;) Love it
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    rooted
  • MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,128
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I missed this one...   :(

Albert, congratulations!  

Speaking of variety,  thanks to Ancestry.com, I now know I am Greek, Spanish, Lithuanian and Italian... Now wonder I'm always at war with myself....
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
    Ciaran