room names in customize this device menu

I was happy that most of the room names in the "Placement" menu are names we actually use, but how about adding "Guest Room"?  I think a lot of houses have guest rooms but very few have a "Safe Room."  
Tagged:
Ox_BakerbjlaurieSuperpanAnthonyBDiverking
6 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,344
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @Temoshee
     Thanks for the suggestion. I will escalate this to our Dev team for consideration. For all other users who feel this would be beneficial, please click the 'Upvote' button. Thank you.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • Ox_BakerOx_Baker Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    Can I please also request the following names to be added:
    Lounge room
    Family room
    Pantry
    Front Yard
    Back Yard
    Workshop
    Factory
    Communications Room
    Ensuite
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 2,344
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    @Ox_Baker
    Thanks for the suggestion. I will escalate this to our Dev team for consideration.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • DiverkingDiverking Member Posts: 28
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper
    Besides names from a drop down also add your own names then you can leave it to the customer
  • bjlauriebjlaurie Member, Beta Tester Posts: 4
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I agree that user editable rooms would be much more helpful. I honestly was disappointed that wasn’t an option and that you couldn’t use anything other than “bedroom” i am fairly sure that everyone that has more than one in their domicile has a descriptor before it. “Master” “guest” “east” “blue” “small” etc.

And if you only have one bedroom, then it seems wholly unnecessary to record its location on Fing.

Also, if the user could rather populate the drop down with the customIzed names of the rooms in their house as the only options to choose from making it much faster to assign.

• Ox_BakerOx_Baker Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment
    @bjlaurie - agree, this would be an even better solution.  No list of names and each user can create their own list, specific to their place, whether it be home, office factory, shop etc.