New Fing Box, no green light, steady pink

js805js805 Member Posts: 9
Photogenic First Comment
I got a new Fing Box. I had an old one that seemed to die. I cannot add this one, the light does not turn green. After a few minutes it is a steady light pink which I can't find in the LED guide. Please help.
Joel

Comments

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @js805
    Thanks for your post. I would like to tell you that in order to make the first connection of Fingbox, it needs to be connected directly to the router. If you have multiple devices plugged into the router, then you can use a switch and free one of the ports for Fingbox by connecting those devices to a switch which connects back to the router. 

To assist with setting up your Fingbox set up, under App Settings, please make the following 2 changes: 

1. Disable Reverse DNS Lookup 

2. Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. 

To do this:

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

These changes should help with the issues in scanning. 

Log-in to your account: 

Make sure you are signed in to your Fing account. You can check this from the second tab MY NETWORKS. If not, you may create a new account from that tab, and try to discover again the network to enable the Fingbox. Just click “Get A Fing Account” from the MY NETWORKS tab. 

If you are unable to see the Fingbox, then please remove all old network from the Fing App and then run the scan again and then try to find the Fingbox again. 

To remove old Networks, please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  

3. From the Top DropDown Menu, long tap on the network that you want to delete.  
    4. Select 'Delete' and then go back  
    5. Go to 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the top right-hand corner of the main display on the screen on the App)  
    6. Click on 'Account storage'  
    7. Click 'Synchronize'  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • js805js805 Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    I followed all instructions. No luck. It ended up being the GEO restrictions on my network security appliance.
    Where are the Fing servers geographically located?

I cannot remove other networks as you described. When I click the network drop down, long pressing does nothing. I can swipe and click the trash can. I get a message that says 'Failed to remove from account'. How do I fix that? Even though I retired my old Fing Box and asked that the account be deleted, I used a new email address and started this account but networks from years ago still show up. 

Also, the app blocked some of the most critical devices on my network automatically and would not unlock. Automatically block new connections was not selected. Fortunately the app update fixed that part. 
    Joel

admin
    Hi @js805
    For blocking and unblocking of devices, There was a UI bug that has been fixed with the new version of the Fing App. To resolve, please update to the new version of the Fing App. 
    For the Fingbox, I have sent you a private message. Please reply to the message and I will address your query better. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • js805js805 Member Posts: 9
    Photogenic First Comment
    Now I feel I must ask, are you a person or a robot? I saw your email asking for all of my device specifics even though in my post above it says I fixed it and how (GEO locating blocking on my network security device. I also mentioned that the app update fixed the blocking of devices which was the only answer you responded with. Now for the first question about and my last only question; 
    "Where are the Fing servers geographically located?" I need to know this so I can allow network access through my firewall. 
    Thank you, 
    Joel

admin
    js805 said:
    Now I feel I must ask, are you a person or a robot? I saw your email asking for all of my device specifics even though in my post above it says I fixed it and how (GEO locating blocking on my network security device. I also mentioned that the app update fixed the blocking of devices which was the only answer you responded with. Now for the first question about and my last only question; 
    "Where are the Fing servers geographically located?" I need to know this so I can allow network access through my firewall. 
    Thank you, 
    Joel

I apologise if you feel like you are talking to robot. But in order to address any query, we ask for those specific details so I can understand your query better and guide you correctly. I might have missed the part where you updated its fixed. For the servers, Fingbox servers are not geographically located but instead using Amazon Cloud servers and those servers are running in each part of world.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)