Cannot connect to Fingbox

Paulbrooks9877
Paulbrooks9877 Member Posts: 7
Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
edited March 16, 2020 in Fingbox #1

I think my fingbox has been taken over by someone else. I can't login anymore. I've tried changing all the network names and making a new account in order to restart the fingbox. This has worked in the past. But unable to get it to connect now. I've been going nuts trying for hours. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• rooted
    rooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 891
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You will only be able to login to your Fingbox with the account you used to set it up.

Alternatively you will need to deactivate the Fingbox by clicking the network name at the top left of Fing app then long click on Fingbox and choose Deactivate.

Next factory reset the Fingbox by unplugging, holding reset while plugging back in, keeping reset pressed until you see the LED status change (about 10 seconds), then setting it up again.

Paulbrooks9877
  • Paulbrooks9877
    edited March 16, 2020 #3

@rooted I have done that numerous time but never did a factory reset. I just noticed that it shows that it has 15 Mac addresses is that supposed to happen

• rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16, 2020 #4

No that is extremely odd. @Paulbrooks9877 thanks for the message about the image.

@Robin have you ever seen anything like this or know what to do about it?

Paulbrooks9877
  • Paulbrooks9877

Mine used to look like that when I first got it but hasn't for a while. What do u suppose could be causing that.

I'm waiting for an admin to respond because I have not been able to login or make use of my fingbox for quite a few days now

• Ciaran
    Ciaran Administrator Posts: 1,180
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Paulbrooks9877, I suspect you are logging into the wrong account (I have checked the e-mail address associated with your Community account and there is no Fingbox associated, this would explain why you cant access your Fingbox). Not to worry, I will respond to you by sending a private mail (as we will need to verify some private details such as MAC address and e-mail etc.). Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Paulbrooks9877
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It may be that @Ciaran but also look at the third screenshot, his Fingbox has a lot of IP addresses. It's very strange.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran
    admin
    True, after troubleshooting a bit more once @Paulbrooks9877 replies to the private mail, I will post an update here (obviously excluding personal info) with an outcome.
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

rootedPaulbrooks9877
  • Paulbrooks9877
    edited March 16, 2020 #9

@Ciaran I have not received any private emails, Other than one requesting info I had already sent yesterday

• Ciaran
    admin
    Thanks Paul, yes that was the private message I was referring to. Thanks for the response. We will look into the issue, respond via mail and update here once we have an outcome. Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

Paulbrooks9877
  • Paulbrooks9877

Thank youim gonna send another private message with other emails due to all the problems I've had I've changed accounts a number of times.which I'm thinking may be the cause of the numerous ips. Didn't realize I needed to factory reset after deactivating

• Paulbrooks9877
    edited March 16, 2020 #12

@Ciaran so I'm home now I've logged out and logged back in in the app it says fingbo

x is offline while blue light is on sometimes changes to purple and there are no fingbox options only to add fingbox and now only has 2 IP adresses

• Ciaran
    admin
    Hi Paul, to avoid confusion & miscommunication across 2 different platforms, can you send all troubleshooting responses to the ticket that is currently open? Thank you
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Paulbrooks9877

Sorry @Ciaran been a long last couple days at work. So I think I figured out the confusion, the email address was a little off it was @outlook.com not @gmail.com.

Now that does not explain the multiple ips. Also there are 5 access points being monitored but Inly have 2 network names 1-5G and 1 -2G. I did deactivate it once figured out then factory reset and then setup again

• Ciaran
    admin
    Perfect, thanks for confirming and I am glad you can now access your Fingbox again. Regarding the multiple IP Addresses etc, we have seen this before @Robin, can you advise on this part of @Paulbrooks9877 s query?thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Paulbrooks9877
    Can you please share the screenshot of the multiple IP addresses as I want to understand you are getting multiple IP address on Fingbox or you are getting multiple same IP addresses for different devices. For access points, you can monitor and remove if you have added unwanted network for monitoring. 

Every router has multiple network interface cards which is the reason, routers are able to provide multiple frequencies(2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz). These are different access points which has their own MAC address(BSSID). You can verify this by checking the MAC address of the Access points(BSSID). 

Please follow these steps:  

1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  
    3. Click on the Network Details section(This is the directly under your network name)  
    4. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section  
    5. You will be able to see the BSSID.  

If you recognise any unwanted bssid, then remove it.

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • rooted
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin His Fingbox has two IP addresses, he shared the screenshot.

• Robin_from_Fing
    Robin_from_Fing Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,885
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thanks @rooted
    If @Paulbrooks9877 can check on his router settings page if those IP addresses are showing as being used by Fingbox then we can isolate the issue. 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides. HAPPY POSTING!!!