New switch

Hi. Just changed my faulty tp link switch for a netgear one.

it’s working.

but it’s blocked in the device list and I can’t unblock it.

as soon as I do it blocks again on its own.

new devices are not set to block automatically.

Mira not a managed switch.

something is giving me totifications constantly of devices online then going offline.

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 798
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A switch can't be blocked, it doesn't have an IP address.

• DaveyDavey Member Posts: 33
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes
    It is blocked. I unplugged the fing box and I can access the gui page on 192.168.0.4.its a managed switch. It’s blowing my mind that fing is telling me that 80+ devices are going off then on then off and so it goes on. I press unblock for my switch and it unblocks. Then instantly blocks again. 
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 798
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes a managed switch has an IP, you said "not a managed switch" so I was going by that.

I'm not sure what is happening but you aren't the only person having issues with this. Let's ping @Robin who may be able to help.

Robin there are multiple reports lately of issues with blocking/unblocking, I tagged you in another post about this also.

• DaveyDavey Member Posts: 33
    10 Comments First Answer Photogenic 5 Likes
    Thanks for your help. I know the devices don’t loose their connectivity through the notifications. I’m running ping on 1 of them and it’s not missed a beat. 
  • CiaranCiaran Administrator Posts: 1,092
    1000 Comments 250 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Davey, this may relate to a recent issue we experienced:
    On a recent release of the iOS app we experienced a bug in relation to blocking/unblocking. With the help of our members (https://community.fing.com/discussion/comment/14238#Comment_14238), we were able to isolate the issue and eventually resolve.
    to confirm, the fix has been included on the latest release of the Fing App for iOS, version 0.9.1. This is currently being rolled out. If you have not already received this update, it should be with you soon. Thank you again all for reporting this issue and indeed for your patience. 

Are you still facing an issue with blocking? Thanks
    Ciaran (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted