Hi I have just done a device scan on my network what is it

GemstarGemstar Member Posts: 6
Photogenic First Comment

Best Answer

• LibertyDudeLibertyDude Member Posts: 3
    First Answer First Comment
    Accepted Answer
    Do you have a Kodi Box or Android TV box any where in the house? One where you may have signed into your Gmail account, giving it access to your phone? Please look at the Apps or devices you have authorized by going to accounts.google.com
    See if the name comes up again. It could be something as simple as a dvd player or cable box running android Its a Chinese manufacturer which makes me think Android Tv Box maybe an MXQ5 or something?
    Gemstar

Answers

• ScoobyScooby Member Posts: 160
    100 Comments 25 Awesomes 25 Likes 5 Answers
    ✭✭✭
    It could be your phone, if it is Android. If it is not your phone, it could be a "smart device", possibly one with an LCD display, like a thermostat. Here is a link to the "MAC Vendor" web site: http://www.cvte.com/en/about/index.html. If you tap on "Find open ports", does it show any results?

Ciaran
  • PineappleOnPizzaPineappleOnPizza Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Answer Photogenic First Comment
    Cross-reference search between CVTE and Guangzhou Shiyuan Electronics indicates that it might be a Bluetooth Speaker or a Soundbar typically used for audio like TV audio or Spotify. If you have one, turn it off and or remove the batteries and rescan to see if it is off the network. That should narrow it down.

https://cocozheung.en.ec21.com/ <--- List of devices from CVTE

• GemstarGemstar Member Posts: 6
    Photogenic First Comment

Ok it seems to be connected to my tv but why is it uploading pics from my phone my phone isn't connected to tv does this make sense to anyone

Photogenic First Comment

And see how there more info this time

edited February 2020
    also could be a Mag box  dreambox or enigma2 receiver of some sort. The fact that its uploading pic off your phone makes me real uneasyb about it though/ Who knows you may be a femme fatal in  China and not even know it! (sorry not funny)  Let me know. You can do some things to search to MAC and see  what is going on. It is probably something as simple as a tv box uploading pics for the screeen saver?
    * Just saw that its purpose is and AV renderer so its for sure something to do with your media/TV/Speaker as AV is Audio/Video. I think My first guess is right- Android Tv box

Ciaran
    guangzhou shiyuan electronics co ltd smart tv from searchmancom
    Apparently they make TV's and have an E-SHARE app that helps display stuff from your phone to your TV. Hope this helps and that I am your new hero! If not we can keep looking though if youd like oyou can let me know and we can fly to the city of Guangzhou and start shaking babies and kissing hands...see what we can come up with? Like Super Sleuths. Except cool.
    CiaranGemstar
  • PineappleOnPizzaPineappleOnPizza Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Answer Photogenic First Comment
    @LibertyDude yeah, was thinking the same thing once I seen the Eshare thing.
    @Gemstar Did you cast anything from your phone to your TV or Cast anything?
  • CrowgrandfatherCrowgrandfather Member, Beta Tester Posts: 69
    5 Answers 25 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭

Are you 100% sure that's not your phone?

Photogenic First Comment

Yes as my phone is a Samsung j8 and that also on the device list! i thought it was only when my smart tv was using an app and not normal tv that it was active but have also had it active when tv off and had it not active when tv turned on its just not sitting right with me for some reason and if only the femme thing was true I could really do with some royalties lol thanks for your help so far and also it's locations are all sort of close to me with half hour drive

Bryant楽