Fing Desktop for Windows - Supernetting?

joeskellyjoeskelly Member Posts: 2
First Comment Photogenic
edited March 3 in Fing Desktop
I've been running Fing for Android for a while now, and was excited to see a Windows version.
However, I'm running into an issue with the Desktop scan.  I have my network setup for SuperNetting, 255.255.254.0.
I have my network separated into two segments.  IP range 10.14.72.x is set for all of my home automation.  Google Home, security cameras, smart bulbs, smart outlets, etc.
IP Range 10.14.73.x is my DHCP, where I have my main Media Server, Xbox's and stuff.
The Desktop scan only shows the 10.14.73 devices.
But the Android version scans and see's both IP ranges.  Is this just a limitation for Windows, or will the app be able to scan both in future releases?

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 705
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭

If Fing could scan both subnets they aren't truly segregated.

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @joeskelly
    For Fing App and Fing Desktop, both applications will scan the network on which the device is connected to. If you are connected to one subnet then Fing Desktop will scan that subnet only.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    SirMax
  • joeskellyjoeskelly Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

The Android version of Fing scans both just fine.

Both addresses pools are on the same network, same router. Using the 255.255.254.x subnet gives you more addresses.

• RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 1,719
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Agrees
    admin
    Hi @joeskelly
    Can you share the screenshot of the Fing Desktop scan as well to compare with Fing App? Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • SirMaxSirMax Member, Beta Tester Posts: 2
    First Answer First Comment Photogenic
    I agree with joeskelly, I have two routers that serve different uses and the desktop app does not allow changing of networks where as it does with my android phone.