Fing account corruption detected...?

rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2020 in Fing App

After installing Fing Desktop and having the issue linked here now when I launch Fing on my phone I'm getting this message over and over.

Fing account corruption detected, automatic fix ongoing...

I have cleared data and when I re-login it begins again.

Fing Desktop issue I mentioned:

I tried the following recommended action with no success:

This happens if the data we have in our system is inconsistent with the data on the mobile. When this happens, the Fing App tries to adjust it on the mobile, but sometimes this doesn't work.  

To resolve this, please go to: 

- 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the top right hand corner of the main display on screen on the App) 

- Click on 'Account storage' 

- Click 'Restore' 

This should clear data from the mobile and re-downloads everything and should resolve this issue.  

Sintx

Answers

• PurplexPurplex Member, Beta Tester Posts: 9
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    I am having the same (Fing account corruption detected, automatic fix ongoing...) issue today when I start the fing app on my android phone.
    I also notice that my home network has vanished and device names and adjustments seem to be missing.  Another obsolete network now shows up twice in the list however.
    The Fing Desktop app experience hasn't gone smooth for me at all so far: installed it on my laptop last week, but never got it to successfully link to my account. So 2 days ago I installed it on my fixed pc where it connected immediately and I was very enthousiastic at first, but today after a scan the screen gets wiped and remains blank.  I think the coders still have some issues to resolve.
    You don't need eyes to see - you need vision
    Sintx
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @rooted
    As I have checked your account, there were a lot of different earlier versions still active on your account so I have updated your database. If you can delete any duplicate network and then re-install the Fing App then the issue will be resolved.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
  • rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fing shows me 0 networks.

Hello @Robin
    Could you please do the same check on my account as well, since I keep receiving the same message.
    I also received the new v1.0.1 this morning it didn't resolve the issue, nore the issue of the list going blank after a discovery, but I think that is due to the account corruption?
    admin
    Hi @rooted,
    Instead of trying to synchronize the networks, Can you try to start a new scan and then see if you are still receiving the Fing Account corruption error?
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    admin
    Purplex said:
    Hello @Robin
    Could you please do the same check on my account as well, since I keep receiving the same message.
    I also received the new v1.0.1 this morning it didn't resolve the issue, nore the issue of the list going blank after a discovery, but I think that is due to the account corruption?
    Can you try to delete all networks from the web app and then try to add Fingbox and then check again if you are still receiving the error? Before that, please make sure to uninstall the Fing Dekstop completely and then after all the steps, install the Fing Desktop and login with your Fing Account.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Purplex
    OK will try that, sorry I just posted screenshot of this also on another thread, will come back to post if it got resolved with above steps
    Robin said:
    Can you try to delete all networks from the web app and then try to add Fingbox and then check again if you are still receiving the error? Before that, please make sure to uninstall the Fing Dekstop completely and then after all the steps, install the Fing Desktop and login with your Fing Account.
    @ Robin: Does this mean however that I am gonna lose all naming of clients, defined network limitations etc?

admin
    Purplex said:
    Robin said:
    @ Robin: Does this mean however that I am gonna lose all naming of clients, defined network limitations etc?

If you are getting the Fing Account corruption error then yes, if you delete the network, you will lose your device customizations as well. When the data on the Fing account is not consistent then the issue arises. In that case, we need to delete the network which is not consistent and start from scratch again.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Purplex
    Ok so I uninstalled Fing desktop from my PC, removed the Fing App from my Android smartphone, logged in on Fing web app and deleted the two saved networks (sniff).
    Next I reinstalled Fing Desktop 1.0.1, which now started nicely and showed me the list of devices instead of a blank screen. It asked me to define my Network, which I did.
    I noticed that Fing had still remembered 103 devices (some of them obsolete) and had retained my settings as well.
    Then I reinstalled the Fing app on my phone, which detected only 32 devices.
    Now I notice that after restarting the Fing Desktop it also only shows only 34 devices, of which 32 active. Some devices seem to have retained my comments though, where in other devices my modifications are lost, however, all devices seem to have remembered the device type icons.
    Anyway, the fing app on my phone no longer states that my account is corrupted.
    Thank you @Robin
    admin
    Thanks for feedback @Purplex

Robin (Admin at Fing)