Is it normal that my iPhone is showing as being connected to two IP addresses?

Jures00Jures00 Member Posts: 1

I have some security concerns as I had suspicions that someone was reading my iPhone messages. The Fing scanner shows my phone connected to two IP addresses (one which seems to be our Wifi booster even though I’m not in that part of the house). Also, notice that the WiFi booster can be accessed remotely. Should I be worried or is this normal? Thanks

Best Answers

• RainCasterRainCaster My deskMember, Beta Tester Posts: 54
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Awesomes
    ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    I know nothing about your WiFi booster, so I can't answer for that. However, when you are at home, it is very normal for you to have two IPs. One is the mobile-data connection through your mobile carrier. Even if you are not using data at the moment, you are still connected. The second is the IP from your home network.
    Robin
  • Uncle_ArthurUncle_Arthur Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Usually you can set up a wifi booster so that it mirrors the settings of your router, in other words it extends the same IP address further into your property. This means that your iPhone *should* find the strongest signal as you move around the house but the IP address it is connected to stays the same. What makes you think the wifi booster can be accessed remotely? A wifi booster can have a log in with its own password just like anything else, sounds like the setup may need some attention.

Jures00

Answers

• Jures00Jures00 Member Posts: 1

Thank you but there’s another complication. I’m in a difficult relationship situation and I noticed that when I turned off my partner’s iPhone, one of the two IP connections associated to my iPhone disappeared. Is there an innocent reason for this or 1) is this person deliberately messing around with listings associated with IP connections (I’ve been trying to track whether there are any unusual devices on our WiFi) or 2) could this in some way suggest that my phone’s being hacked? Sorry for all these questions but I just want to be clear about what’s going on. Thanks.