I cant seem to get my fingbox reconnected and back online with the app

fingboxuser89fingboxuser89 Member Posts: 9
First Comment Photogenic
I have tried resetting it multiple times along with i also deactivated it in the app on my iOs device ( apple iphone x). So the lights flash red and then white when i do the reset feature. Then it comes to a stale green on top. I then try to do a search for fingbox in app and then it fails. The router sees the device and it has provided it with an ip. And the scan is generating all my devices like it would it the fingbox is connected. i just do not get complete access to all the other features. If anyone has any ideas that would be great because i just got this fingbox not too long ago. Thx

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 800
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you rebooted your switch and router then rebooted the Fingbox?

Is the device still connected to the switch?

• fingboxuser89fingboxuser89 Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Photogenic
    yes, rebooted all three devices a few times, also i went ahead an connected the fingbox to a port on the back of the router as well. The router is seeing it and providing it with an ip address ( per dhcp client table in the linksys 3200 ).
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you ping it?

First Comment Photogenic
    yes, and i get replies
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @fingboxuser89
    Green LED means the Fingbox is ready for activation. To assist with setting up your Fingbox set up, under App Settings, please make the following 2 changes: 

1. Disable Reverse DNS Lookup 

2. Change the Maximum network size to match your network size. 

To do this: 

• Open the Fing app, ensure that you are on the Network associated with your Fingbox 

• Tap on the Avatar icon in the top-right corner 

• Choose 'App Settings' 

• Scroll down and go to the "Maximum Network Size" setting and select the size based on the number of devices connected to network in your house. 

These changes should help with the issues in scanning. 

a) The top circle is GREEN but the Fingbox is not found 

Make sure to connect the Fingbox to your main router or WiFi access point. Disconnect Wi-Fi extenders or power line bridges. Also, make sure that your mobile phone is connected to same wifi(access point) on which Fingbox is connected. 

Log-in to your account: 

Make sure you are signed in to your Fing account. You can check this from the second tab MY NETWORKS. If not, you may create a new account from that tab, and try to discover again the network to enable the Fingbox. Just click “Get A Fing Account” from the MY NETWORKS tab. 

If you are unable to see the Fingbox, then please remove all old network from the Fing App and then run the scan again and then try to find the Fingbox again. 

To remove old Networks, please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  

3. From the Top DropDown Menu, long tap on the network that you want to delete.  
    4. Select 'Delete' and then go back  
    5. Go to 'Accounts & Settings' display (by clicking on the icon/avatar in the top right-hand corner of the main display on the screen on the App)  
    6. Click on 'Account storage'  
    7. Click 'Synchronize' 

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    First Comment Photogenic
    when i try to delete the networks, it says failed to remove from account.
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you go to https://app.fing.com and delete them there?

First Comment Photogenic
    yes, i was able to delete them there
    First Comment Photogenic
    but i still cant see the fingbox via the app. the router sees its and gives it an ip address 192.168.1.xx but the app doesnt find it.
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    when i go to the fingbox ip address, through a web browser it shows the webpage of your device is being recognition, so i am getting access to the fingbox but the app just cant find it. And currently the fingbox shows a solid green circle.. i have flushed all the dns on my laptops and desktops along with my windows servers.. Also reset the linksys router and switch..
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,706
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @fingboxuser89
    I have sent you a personal message as I would require further network information to resolve this. Please reply to my message directly. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
This discussion has been closed.