One year in with Cincinnati Bell Fioptics and...

PoohPooh Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 9 in Other US ISPs
...I have to say I've been very pleasantly surprised whenever my speed test reports come in. I have the 500MB package and I frequently see speeds close to that, if not sometimes higher. For example, I just ran one now (which, oddly likes to go to Chicago, despite this old bear being based in Cincinnati)  :* 

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
VioletChepilGidsterInternetAlert

Comments

• VioletChepilVioletChepil London, UKAdministrator Posts: 2,232 admin
    That's great @Pooh. Anyone else using this ISP on here? 

Community Manager at Fing

• PoohPooh Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great @Pooh. Anyone else using this ISP on here? 
    I'd be utterly flabbergasted if there were. Cincinnati's an odd city - we're not that big - that said, we still have our own city telco\ISP (and, until recently, our own wireless provider) and the city still has the only municipality owned railroad in the USA. Fun fact: The film "The Public" was filmed and set in the city's library.

Fun fact #2 The movie "Carol" (also filmed in Cincinnati) had a scene filmed in one of my favorite diners just up the road from me (still every bit of the 1950's inside).

Triple bonus fun fact: The Cincinnati Museum Center is located at the Union Terminal Railroad Station and the building served as the inspiration for DC Comic's Justice League "Halls of Justice" from the 1970s!

So, we're small, but we have an interesting history. And, oh yeah. P&G. My house is located on the old James Gamble brickyard... Broken bricks everywhere!
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 1

The test server location has more of effect on the “speed” rating. I have the same package and can show 28 down/ 25 up as well as similar measurement just by changing the destination server

VioletChepil
  • PoohPooh Member Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what the location can do. How do you change it, @Dave?
    VioletChepil