Show SSID's in Wi-Fi intrusion protection

rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 803
500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
✭✭✭✭✭

In the network tab under "Wi-Fi intrusion protection" it states "Protecting 2 access points" but not which two. I have several and would like to see what two it is monitoring.

Is this something that could be added?

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 3,734
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rooted
    As you know Every router has multiple network interface cards which is the reason, routers are able to provide multiple frequencies(2.4 Ghz and 5Ghz). These are different access points which has their own MAC address(BSSID). The Wifi Intrusion Protection is protecting both of those frequencies and hence it shows the 2 Access points being protected. To check which Access points are being protected, you need to check the BSSID. 

Please follow these steps:  
    1. Open the Fing App  
    2. Click on the Network Tab  
    3. Click on the Network Details section(This is the directly under your network name)  
    4. Scroll down and locate the Access Point Section  
    5. You will be able to see the BSSID.  

Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 803
    500 Comments 50 Answers 100 Likes 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Robin Thank you, that is certainly what I wanted to know.

I have three SSID on two different devices (all bridged) is why I was curious as to which was being monitored, I do think it would be useful to show the SSID here along with the BSSID (MAC) addresses.

Robin