Have Iranian hackers been hacking VPN servers to plant backdoors in companies around the world?

kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2020 in Devices & Security
(Source)

2019 will be remembered as the year when major security bugs were disclosed in a large number of enterprise VPN servers, such as those sold by Pulse Secure, Palo Alto Networks, Fortinet, and Citrix.

A new report published today reveals that Iran's government-backed hacking units have made a top priority last year to exploit VPN bugs as soon as they became public in order to infiltrate and plant backdoors in companies all over the world.

According to a report from cyber-security firm ClearSky, Iranian hackers have targeted companies "from the IT, Telecommunication, Oil, and Gas, Aviation, Government, and Security sectors."

To continue reading please click on the Source link above.

"There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
-Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain
Carlo_from_FingBryant楽

Comments

• MarcMarc Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 2,191
    100 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Likes 250 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You're only as good as your weakest link but Citrix, really?  Where I work we have a pretty good handle on patching etc but black boxes always scare me...  And here we have yet another reason why...  
    Thats Daphnee, she's a good dog...
  • kltaylorkltaylor Moderator, Beta Tester Posts: 1,231
    1000 Comments 500 Likes 50 Answers 100 Awesomes
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah when I saw Citrix part of that, I had the same reaction.  It amazes me how many folks will sign up for 'free VPN service' on a mobile device.  Those are the first ones to stay away from.
    "There's a fine line between audacity and idiocy."
    -Warden Anastasia Luccio, Captain