How to use the Fingbox in a only LAN Network?

MaxpfaMaxpfa Member Posts: 1

Hello,

I want to scan and get an overview of a LAN Network. There is no Wifi Router in the Network.

The plan is to boot up the Fingbox, connect it with the Network and get the data send to an smartphone via Wifi.

So the Fingbox could be an Acces point to the Network and open up and connect via Smartphone.

Is there an possible way to setup the fingbox to do this job or should I use the open code to build this in a very basic way?

I would like to use the Fingbox to support the company and not only use the free code.

Best regards,

Max Pfannkuch

Answers

• sassas Member Posts: 11
    5 Likes First Comment Photogenic
    Fingbox gathers information, and sends it all to the Fing Mothership.  That requires an Internet connection, or it's basically useless.  Fingbox doesn't have wi-fi, unless there's new model I don't know about.  It does all its information gathering via a wire.

After that, you lost me.
  • RobinRobin Administrator Posts: 3,092
    2500 Comments 100 Answers 250 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Hi @Maxpfa
    Thanks for your post. As of now, the feature that you are requesting has not yet been implemented. For more information you can check our help articles: https://help.fing.com/knowledge-base/first-day-fingbox/
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!