People Descriptors

I added my family to Fing and I was able to describe me as "family" and my children as "kid" and I can see this designation when I look at device details.  But now when I go to People and try to edit someone, I only see Colleague, Help, Guest, Others.  Colleague and Help expand to other choices but I don't see family anymore.
What happened?
Tagged:

Best Answer

• RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,189
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @1pitch1spot
    The reason for your issue is that you have changed the Context for your Fingbox from "House" to "Office". You can correct this by going to Network and click on Edit and then change the context back to Home and you will see the option you want. Thanks
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!
    rooted

Answers

• rootedrooted Gulf Coast, USModerator Posts: 864
    250 Likes 500 Comments 50 Answers 25 Agrees
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What version of Fing are you using? Android or iOS?

Robin
  • 1pitch1spot1pitch1spot Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    I am using Fing 8.8.2 on iOS as well as the browser interface.
  • 1pitch1spot1pitch1spot Member Posts: 8
    First Comment Photogenic
    Thank you!  So what other changes in "app behavior" or what other "optimizations" are different between the context of "home" vs the context of "office"?
  • RobinRobin Administrator, Fing Team Posts: 4,189
    250 Answers 2500 Comments 500 Likes 100 Awesomes
    admin
    Thank you!  So what other changes in "app behavior" or what other "optimizations" are different between the context of "home" vs the context of "office"?
    That's the only difference for the features.
    Robin (Admin at Fing)
    Getting Started? Please refer to Community guidelines & Community User Guides("Helping Hand"). HAPPY POSTING!!!